BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Flashing 4x4 light

More
15 Feb 2010 08:23 #2283 by ooky_123
Flashing 4x4 light was created by ooky_123
Had a strange occurance yesterday morning when out and about ... After running the Jeep in 4H for quite a long time ( did about 20 miles across ploughed fields and very soft ground )... and then Fording a few rather swollen rivers (water up to door handles and bottom of the windscreen in places ..) we made out way along some roads. Dropping out of 4wd was fine, but when selecting 4wd again, the selector slipped too easily in, and no light came on ... out and in again, and then the 4x4 light started to flash.
Stopped the Jeep, put into 4L and everything was fine ... low ration engaged, light steady.
Stopped, and back into 4H no probs, but when dropping back to 2wd and then into 4wd again, had the same problem.

... had to use 4L at another point and from this point onwards, 2wd --> 4H worked fine .. Light on constantly as it should.

what do you all think ? build up or Mud . much on the selector ?
weak spring ?

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2010 11:55 #2284 by s2quattroturbo
Sounds to me like it may be water in something if you had it that deep it was swimming, possible some mud/silt in there too.

More
15 Feb 2010 12:03 #2285 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Flashing 4x4 light
Its strange that it seemed that the lever was "free" during this.

I would have intially thought you had silted up the little breather pipe in the vacuum system next to the valves.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
15 Feb 2010 14:40 #2287 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Flashing 4x4 light
This is what I thougt ... Mind you, at one point, I did turn the snorkel head backwards as the water splash went literally over the roof !!

Just been out and it seems to be working ok, Hubs still work, as does the 4wd system

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds