× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Airbags

More
08 Feb 2010 09:32 #2229 by ooky_123
Airbags was created by ooky_123
More of a Techie note than anything else ..

If anyone removes the airbag('s) and wants to get rid of the Warning Lamp on the dash .. dont bother with Fumbling to find the fuse, or consider taking the light out.

Unscrew the 4 screws around the Plastic surround / tray that is located around the gear stick and undo the 3x 8mm Bolts to remove the AirBag Actuator Module.
This will stop the airbags being deployed but more important, will stop the warning light from working.

On the down side, your airbags will not work any more .. so it may be worth while Notifying your Insurance company.

No aArBags or non-functioning Airbagsare not an MOT Failure.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2010 20:55 #2237 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:Airbags
i took the complete airbag system out of my jimny, the fuse it in a seperate yellow fuse holder on the side of the fuse box under the dash.

im in the middle of fabbing up a second glovebox with the passenger airbag dash cover

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
09 Feb 2010 06:22 #2238 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:Airbags
Ive not touched mine, theyre SRS airbags so the amount of damage you need to set them off is quite substantial, believe me Ive had some heavy knocks and theyve not gone off. Im my last jimny i had an ARB bumper and hit a dry stone wall very heavily, airbags didnt go off.

Gary

More
09 Feb 2010 08:51 #2239 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Airbags
Ahh always nice to know all this infomation.

Im fabbing a glove box too ... well more like a Laptop shelf to go in the space the airbag occupied.

Incidently I did notive that there is already the facility to put a glove box there, as all the mouldings are already there.. just that its covered by the airbag

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
09 Feb 2010 17:11 #2242 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:Airbags
ooky_123 wrote:

Ahh always nice to know all this infomation.

Im fabbing a glove box too ... well more like a Laptop shelf to go in the space the airbag occupied.

Incidently I did notive that there is already the facility to put a glove box there, as all the mouldings are already there.. just that its covered by the airbag

ive seen a picture somwhere of the second glove box option, but can find one for sale anywhere

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds