BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Extra Lift ... An idea

More
24 Jan 2010 19:52 #2028 by ooky_123
Looking at the jimny, Ive been thinking of how can I get an extra 1" or so lift on the suspension without having to opt for +3" springs ....

What do you think of this setup ?

Keep the +2" KAP Springs currently fitted
Get some 1" spring spacers from Bits4Vits
Buy new E3000 +3" dampers
I rekon this would be quite easy to fit .. the dampers would be a straight swap with minimal jacking needed .. just unbolt and remove / refit.
... The spring spacers may be a little more difficult, but if the axel was dropped, I rekon I could get a spring compressor in and compress the spring enough to fit a spacer into the top.

Also thinking of Poly Boshes, Castor correction, prop spacing and body left for the summer.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2010 19:56 #2029 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:Extra Lift ... An idea
Would it not be easier to do a body lift ?

The spacers are easy to fit I just fitted one to sort of my gangsta lean very simple.

More
25 Jan 2010 14:06 #2031 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Extra Lift ... An idea
Plan on going +2" on the body in the summer too, but the extra articulation would be useful for offroading. In hind sight, should have gone for the +3" spring lift, but just trying to get that extra inch without having to transplant the springs.

Also, I notice the standard rubber bushes as supplied with the Procomp E3000's are wearing a lot. Im wondering if an exercise in Poly Bushes is in order in the summer too to stiffen the whole lot up.

• richard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2010 16:02 #2039 by richard
Replied by richard on topic Re:Extra Lift ... An idea
dont get the spring spacers i got some and i'll do you a swop for your dampers if they are for a 2" lift cos i'v lifted mine but still got standard shocks.

More
27 Jan 2010 06:19 #2048 by ooky_123
Nice one ... Im not touching it until the weather gets better and if for some reason there should be any issues with the Dampers (not saying there are at present), Ill happily swap the spacers for cash :)

• richard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2010 15:33 #2051 by richard
Replied by richard on topic Re:Extra Lift ... An idea
o.k were abouts you from? just so i know how far i have to come. :)

More
28 Jan 2010 08:05 #2064 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re:Extra Lift ... An idea
I've just gone thru something similar adding B4V spring spacers which work fine. Just compress the original springs, remove the original packing at the top of the spring and insert the spacer. For the shocks I used B4V shock extensions on the front and Martin sells extenders for the rear which has the effect of moving the shock away from the spring. Thus you don't need to buy new shocks.
I found that the original castor correction bushes (KAP) didn't work so well with the new lift so I used new front arms from Off Road Armoury, and put the original castor correction bushes in the rear arms to try and correct the diff angle.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
03 Feb 2010 10:42 #2150 by ooky_123
Im in Andover, Hampshire.
Parents in South Wales ... Or anywhere in between !!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds