BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

had a bump!

• richard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2010 08:54 #2004 by richard
had a bump! was created by richard
:( i'v drove mi jimny into the back of a pug306, not a mark on mine and it went with a right bang. i killed the pug:

his back bumper, boot and both rear quarters.
cat be leave it did nothing to mine.

anyway it was my fault and he was in a rush he took my name and address then shot off i no nothing of him.
do you think he'l claim as it the 1st bump i'v ever had and dont know how it works it seemed abit funny to me. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grumpy22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2010 11:44 #2007 by grumpy22
Replied by grumpy22 on topic Re:had a bump!
you're supposed to report it to your insurers. Did you get his reg number? Any witnesses?

possibly he was driving a dodgy motor, stolen, not taxed, insuredor MOT'd. In which case he can't make a claim. However he may also be out for a scam, claiming for injuries and loss of earnings.

If you've got the reg I'd do a bit of research on the web about the motor, then if you suspect he is genuine report it to your insurers. But then I'm basically an honest type. The alternative if there's no witnesses is not to report it and if it goes any further tell your insurance that he was going to settle without making a claim.

Your call

• richard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2010 17:15 #2017 by richard
Replied by richard on topic Re:had a bump!
nope dint get his reg or owt. goin to let my insure.. know whats happend tomoz

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds