× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Need some advice on kingpin bearings

More
21 Jan 2010 15:43 #1967 by Luke jimny
Hi, i've a 1999 jimny and need to replace the kingpin bearings on both driver and paasenger side.
I've been to my local suzuki dealer but the the price they gave me for both the kingpins and the bearings nearly made me fall over in shock, they were that expensive.
I've looked on ebay for them and found some at a good price but i'm not sure if they are the right ones or if they are just cheap copies.
If anyone can point me in the right direction on where to get some at a good price i'd be most appreciative.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2010 15:57 #1969 by mlines
Umm.....now let me see..?

There is quite a good shop here...

store.bigjimny.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4

I am on good terms with the owner ;)

Being serious for a minute, beware of really cheap ones, unbranded "white box" ones as there are a lot of lower quality Chinese bearings on the market. There are a lot of mid range price ones around, including Chinese ones, that are pretty good. So don't go too cheap.

And of course, I would recommend my own Koyo ones which are the ones Suzuki supply.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
21 Jan 2010 16:57 #1976 by Luke jimny
Thank you very much. I will give them a try asap and hopefully everything will go well. Thanks again :)

More
21 Jan 2010 18:33 #1978 by wildfire
The guide that on here is very good for doing the kingpins, i would suggest if you can find one is a 50ml syringe. It allows you to measure the amount of grease your putting in so you dont over pack the joint.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds