BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Diff locker

• mikee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2011 16:41 #18758 by mikee
Diff locker was created by mikee
ive been adding up the goodies for the jimny and the two things I still carnt figure out is the diff lock and rock lobster where's the best places to look for these?
And also what kind of diff lockers are there as I don't really want to go through the hassle of a compressor something like a manual one some how would be ideal!
Thanks mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2011 17:37 #18761 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Diff locker

• mikee
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2011 19:16 #18763 by mikee
Replied by mikee on topic Re: Diff locker
I don't really understand that is it permanently locked or selectable?
Cheers mike

More
09 Jul 2011 20:48 - 09 Jul 2011 20:49 #18765 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re: Diff locker
They are locked all the time. When you go around corners they have a sort of ratchet affair so the wheel on the outside can go faster. This makes a lot of noise. (I guess you have to lift off the throttle?)

They are very good off road by all accounts.

There was a proper air locker equipped differential on eBay this week, may still be running.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 09 Jul 2011 20:49 by facade.

• jimny5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2011 20:50 #18766 by jimny5
Replied by jimny5 on topic Re: Diff locker
More locked if anything.
Someone will explain better but its locked in when goin in straightish line and in mud but when you go round a corner or round about it unlocks as its on spring and a certain amount of force unlocks it. Real good and fairly cheap apart from it clicks when goin round corners and like parking your car and can be abit dodgy in the snow and i would expext to be fitting a new spring kit every two years.
But still really good alot cheaper than a air locker and easy to fit than a kam locker.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds