BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

idol problems

• daniel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2011 06:27 #18480 by daniel
idol problems was created by daniel
hi , i have a 2000 model jimny ..the idol rpm keeps dropping and almost cuts out when stopped at traffic lights ect..idols between 450 - 900 i changed spark plugs and ignition leads but still the same .. can anyone give me a lead to my next move ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2011 07:27 #18485 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re: idol problems
an expert (like Martin) will be along soon ... but I'd be suspecting the Lamda Sensor on the exhaust ...

Ig it is the Lamda, then dont get one from Suzuki, unless your a rich-git, get an 'after-market' one if you can find it - Martin should be able to help there too?

Jalapeño, IISY?

• Sandez
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2011 08:05 #18487 by Sandez
Replied by Sandez on topic Re: idol problems

mlines wrote: Grasping at straws but have you looked at the PCV valve (yellow thing on the manifold. If it is gungy/sticky it could give problems.
Remove it and clean it throroughly. Blow throug it and see if it works (you can blow one way and not the other), see if it works smoothly, if not then replace.

I had a similar issue (or the same) with a rough idle, I checked the PCV valve and replaced it as Martin suggested and it seemed to have fixed most of it, its now a LOT less rough at idle (idle doesnt drop like it used to, but still have another problem). It was a $22 (AUD) part.

Check my post here for the symptoms and fixes I tried

• daniel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2011 08:13 #18488 by daniel
Replied by daniel on topic Re: idol problems
ok can u tell me where pcv valve is located , is it on the manifold
? thanx

• daniel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jul 2011 22:07 #18503 by daniel
i not sure where pcv valve located i have 2000 model ma , theres nothing yellow on the manifold

• Sandez
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jul 2011 07:10 #18506 by Sandez
Replied by Sandez on topic Re: idol problems

Attachment PCV.jpg not found

Top of engine without the plastic cover on it

Mine wasn't yellow either, but was white (now black) but the pic shows where it is. It just pulls out. Make sure there is no gunk visible, if so clean it. Shake it and make sure it rattles, its meant to. Try and blow into it both ways, should only be able to blow into it one way no matter how hard u blow. It can be cleaned (google cleaning pcv valve) but I would suggest replacing it if you have one of the above issues. Also check to see if its not too loose, should sit in the engine nice and firmly (mine didnt before).
Attachments:

• daniel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2011 05:11 #18541 by daniel
thanx heaps for your help , i ordered valve -- fingers crossed when i put it in , i had a look at the valve it was pretty dirty but could only blow one way through it , ill try new valve and go from there..

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds