BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

"how to" change the front prop shaft

• renard38
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jun 2011 17:24 - 24 Jun 2011 17:30 #18234 by renard38
"how to" change the front prop shaft was created by renard38
hi,
today, i changed the front drive shaft, because i had put too much grease inside with the grease gun, so he was too swollen and eventually crack and the grease escape:

File Attachment:

new one:

File Attachment:

locating the position of the drive shaft before disassembly:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

for reassembly later, the proper alignment is easy
wrong:

File Attachment:

ok:

File Attachment:

For peoples who forget to mark the position of "half-tree", there is the catch-up solution:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

So, I check my position with the position of the original punches and surprise: there is a third shift rotation !!!!!!!!

Since I mounted the transfert box 4.16 in the jimny (Measson mounted), I had some vibrations in long range 4x4 on snowy roads (I had no problem with my old transfer box). I thought it was from the old design of the transfert box samurai ... made in, reassembling the wrong front driveshaft!

A+
Last edit: 24 Jun 2011 17:30 by renard38.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2011 21:14 #18237 by ooky_123
just corrected the topic ... :)

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds