BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

adjustable clutch cable: no grease in the duct!

• renard38
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2011 17:30 - 22 Jun 2011 17:31 #18142 by renard38
hi,
Today, i have changed the clutch cable jimny. Over the years, the grease is completely gone and the pedal becomes increasingly hard to press
I have put transmission oil in it, to lubricate, but it works now only for a short time.

So I bought one of mister-auto.com (32 € postage included): (about € 60 Suzuki)

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

and dismantling the old cable, just unscrew:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

What surprises me before installing the new is that my old cable slides into the duct more easyer than the new cable !
So, with the new cable, the clutch is much harder to press!!!!!
In fact they haven't put grease inside the duct

So I put my old cable, and phone at this website, they said they had never seen this before and reimburse me the warranty.

Have you hever got the same problem????
Thanks for reply
A+
Last edit: 22 Jun 2011 17:31 by renard38.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2011 14:46 #18183 by Johnniehec
renard38
I'd guess the cable has a nylon coating designed to slide in the duct without any grease, keeping it dry like this stops the dust and grit sticking to it and causing wear. I think the cable you got may actually have been correct, but not having ever bought one I'm not 100% sure, can anyone confirm>?

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2011 16:55 #18187 by Nelson83
My clutch cable is knackered - the rubber washer thing nearest the pedal end has gone and the cable is stretched. A local garage adjusted it as they assured me it was fine and that would take up the slack - well, it did for all of 3 weeks, now its going slack again, so i spoke with another garage (the owner himself has a jimny) and he advised me to get an OME one from my dealer, as the after market ones are never the same, as they're made to different specs etc. Rung the dealer - £54 and a 2 week wait, as they haven't got any in the EU warehouses. Not a problem to me, its driveable, but just needs you to press the pedal to the floor.

After it had been adjusted it was lovely, but gradually its become slacker. Quite handy that vid tho renard - i can see how it all goes together and will now be replacing it myself when it arrives - i'll keep everyone posted :-D

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds