BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

bloody towbar wiring!

• Municipal Waste
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jun 2011 08:44 #17930 by Municipal Waste
bloody towbar wiring! was created by Municipal Waste
Just a word of warning for people who want to wire the fog light in on a later Jimny... You have to run a wire from the right side of the car to the left for the foglight as it's got it's own bloody loom on that side :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jun 2011 09:04 #17931 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: bloody towbar wiring!
;) Don't go out in the fog, things happen! :dry:

How wide is your trailer, 'cause if it's less than 1.3 or 1.4, can't remember which, you don't need a fog light.

Glad you mentioned it though as I'm just on with that job and was going to wire the fog into the socket anyway, as a 'just in case' jobbie. Blue wire isn't it, what colour is it in the Jims' harness?
Luckily, I have all the trim and panels already out in the back.

Cheers

Keith :)

• Municipal Waste
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jun 2011 10:22 #17934 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: bloody towbar wiring!
I'm not sure as I couldn't be bothered to wire it up. I can't afford a caravan and that's about the only thing that would affect the nice high up foglight on a Jimny anyway. If I ever do need it then I'll think about doing it :)

• meanbgreen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2011 21:27 #17969 by meanbgreen
Replied by meanbgreen on topic Re: bloody towbar wiring!
I ve factory fog lights on mine and have yet to be able to use them. :(

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2011 22:18 #17971 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: bloody towbar wiring!

meanbgreen wrote: I ve factory fog lights on mine and have yet to be able to use them. :(

Same here with my Merc, but you'd be amazed at how many drive round in this country with the mentality of "I've got these fog lamps in my bumper, I'm going to turn them all on!"
Then are gobsmacked when other drivers flash their main beam at them. Der!

Probably a world wide problem as I see them doing the same in Cyprus all the time.
Mind you, they've only just started in the last 20 years using any lights at all when it's dark! ;)

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds