BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

removing internal rear trim and tailgate panels

More
08 Jun 2011 05:42 #17500 by Halford
Hi all,
just wondered as to whether anyone could offer step by step advice or pics upon removal of internal rear side panels / and internal rear door trim - I'm looking to replace speakers and add fixings to rear door for storage (map pockets etc)

I've already convinced myself I'll snap something and sulk for the rest of the day :unsure:

thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VAXXi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2011 08:04 #17507 by VAXXi
www.answerbag.com/q_view/1058351

Short story:

- remove rear seat bottom by pulling hard straight up (pull in front, there are two clips there)
- unclip the plastic ornaments which cover the rear seatbelt (between the rear seats, in the middle)
- you have 4 screws on the bottom (still between the rear seats)
- pull the velcro carpeting on the back of the seats, in the corner to expose the screw which holds the L shaped bracket
- now you should be able to remove the rear seats, leaving you with two more screws for the other part of the bracket
- the plastic trim in the rear is held by 2 or 3 screws and lots of plastic clips which will certainly break and will need to be replaced if you don't want to get lots of annoying buzz from the trim :pinch:

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2011 08:14 #17508 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Re: removing internal rear trim and tailgate panels
I removed the trim to wire my tow bar in and didn't snap any clips... you just have to be careful pulling it off evenly

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2011 13:05 #17512 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: removing internal rear trim and tailgate panels
Two of the plastic clips in the door jam on my newer model can only be re-fitted with the bumper off which is bloody annoying!

More
08 Jun 2011 16:29 #17524 by Halford

More
26 Jun 2011 17:27 #18288 by Halford
found some interior trim panel fixings

FIX9K RED PANEL CLIP FIXINGS CAR TRIM BODY PANEL
25 @ £4.95 free carrage
12 @ £2.95 free carrage
from easynaz on eBay

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2011 17:15 #18328 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: removing internal rear trim and tailgate panels
I didn't damage anything when I took my interior out, it was easy just take it slow :)

More
27 Jun 2011 19:55 #18339 by Halford
same here, didn't damage any, it was already damaged - I straightened it out for the photo it was well squashed, I don't think the previous owner had ever taken the panel off, so I'm guessing it was flattened when the vehicle was assembled - a consequence of high speed production lines no doubt :pinch:

now if I could just find where that dashboard rattle was coming from ... :unsure:

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2011 07:40 #18350 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: removing internal rear trim and tailgate panels
Dash board rattles can be fixed for 6 months with a shot of silicon lubricant spray around all edges/ joints. Worth a go!

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2011 12:41 #18389 by Municipal Waste
My Jimny, probably because it's so new, is almost completly rattle free apart from the seat squeaks a bit when I go over mega bumps :dry:

More
29 Jun 2011 13:34 #18395 by Halford
When I go over bumps I can hear my hip clicking and I'm gonna add a dash cup holder for a glass, to put my teeth in - it'll be far more interesting than a "beetle flower" :silly:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

listen to Slayer

:lol: :lol: :lol:
like you'd be able to hear a rattle :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds