BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

new nudge bar required .. fabricator needed

More
31 Dec 2009 14:01 #1740 by ooky_123
Following a recient outing on the plain that resulted in the Mighty Jimny taking lead and crossing a frozen stream (ok, more like a muddy puddle, with Ice over 1 inch thick, the Jimny sustained the following damage ..

Front Bumper Cracked on both sides
Front Chrome A Bar creased
Front bumper Fog lights smashed
Front A Bar mounted lights smashed

The force of the ice resisting against the front of the jeep was enough to halt forward progress and I had to use Low Box and 1st gear to smash my way though.

Anyway, I want to get a new Bumper (Kerry Will Not allow me to put a steel Winch Bumper on, as she wants to retain the general look of the Jimny)

I would like to get a new Steel A Bar made but to my own design, mounting to the same lower mount points, but also to the front chassis, and also incorporate a hoizontal bar that spans the whole front bumper that follows the shape of the bumper.

Happy to pay as long as its not silly Money for quality work. Does anyone know of or can anyone recommend anyone that would be interested in helping me out ?

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2009 14:32 #1742 by mlines
If you have the design drawn up then the fabricator who makes up BigJimny parts might be able to help out, he is based in Southampton.

They would have to be good drawings and if fitting is needed(ie on car welding) then it would have to be able to be prepped and pre-built as much as possible to reduce workshop time as space is precious

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
31 Dec 2009 14:45 #1743 by ooky_123
Ahh Cool. I dont have any CAD drawings done, only a few sketches.
The existing A Bar has the bend profile, I Need to have a play with measurements and final design, I dont expect it will be very difficult to produce, and could probably dpo it myself if I had access to a workshop / Bender. But if I can get a professional Job done :) Ill draft up some pictures and get some measurements done. Maybe I can get a price

Jason

More
01 Jan 2010 16:14 #1751 by Sutman
Hi Martin,
Where in Southampton is he based?
Need someone two make some rocksliders for me.I live in Southampton too, and his work looks like its to a high standard :).

More
05 Jan 2010 10:02 #1796 by mlines
We are in discussions on how on-vehicle fabrication will work with him as we do want to offer things like rocksliders/roll protection through the shop. However, he has a formal fabrication business with some large commercial contracts and wants to avoid "turn up and weld up" business that would see rotten Range Rovers turn up after failing MOTS to have their bits welded back up. Therefore we are working out how it can be done to the convenience of him, us and our customers.

As stated previously, we should have an answer by mid-Jan.

Martin

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
11 Jan 2010 10:01 #1834 by mlines
Jason,

I have confirmed that he woul dbe willing to fabricate a one-off "nudge bar" and requires your sketches to give you a price. If it requires welding onto the vehicle then this will require you driving to the workshop on a pre-booked date.

As for the rock sliders, he is willing to fabricate these and fit as well. This would be a weld-on rockslider attached to the chassis rails. Again this would be on a pre-booked basis. We will arrange to get an estimated cost for this as soon as possible.

Martin

Martin

More
11 Jan 2010 14:38 #1835 by ooky_123
Superb News Thankyou Martin.

The bar I would like made would be bolted to the front chassis members and also to the lower mount points.

What is the best way to get designs to him ? Ill happily sketch on paper / scan in

With respect to Angles etc, does he have a knowledge of the front profile of a Jimny ?
Would it be worth me making an appointment and taking the Jeep down to him after he has seen my desired design ?

More
18 Jan 2010 10:06 #1914 by mlines
Send the sketches to me and I will sort.

He does not have a Jimny available so it would probably be good to get yours down there for a measure.

Martin

Martin

More
18 Jan 2010 12:39 #1915 by ooky_123
Im in th emiddle of putting some sketches together.. together with some Dimensions. Im going to be back in the UK for a week or two from 1st Feb, so if we can pencil in a date there ... Ill see what I can do.

Also, Im thinking ... a Body lift is being fitted, so I will need to take into account the dimensins to allow for a 2" lift

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds