BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Clutch adjustment

• Nelson83
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2011 10:14 #17138 by Nelson83
Clutch adjustment was created by Nelson83
I had the clutch cable come off the back of the pedal today after a few weeks of it feeling a bit slack. Can any body give me any help (pics would be ideal) as to how to adjust the cable to take up the slack? The clutch isnt slipping when i pull away nor when changing gear, i think the cable may have become a little stretched over time.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2011 12:51 #17140 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re: Clutch adjustment
If you wriggle underneath, the adjuster is a plastic knob on a threaded portion of the outer cable where it goes into the gearbox bell housing, on the right hand side.
It will be seized solid. If you flip off the plastic box, the gearbox end unhooks, and the cable will pull out and come out of the front of the bonnet to work on.

However, the cable should tighten as the clutch wears. :ohmy:

I would check carefully for fraying, and look at the pedal boxin case the cable has started pulling through at the bulkhead

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds