BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Help with 3" Lift

• MarkW
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2011 22:00 #17044 by MarkW
Help with 3" Lift was created by MarkW
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a 1999 Jimny that had a 3" lift done just before I purchased the vehicle. I believe the mechanic used bastard parts and not a proper Jimny Lift Kit to achieve the lift which has left me with a few issues. The first problem I solved by replacing the rear shocks, as the ones the guy used only had an 1/2" range before "bottoming out".
The second problem I need some help with. Currently when on level ground the right side of the Jimny is lower to the ground than the left side. Could this be an issue with the panhard rods? If so what is the best way to solve the problem?
MarkW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2011 04:58 #17046 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Help with 3" Lift
This can be fixed by either a longer front offside spring or spring spacer
see here

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/jimny/spring-s...y-lean-/prod_43.html

More
29 May 2011 05:51 #17047 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re: Help with 3" Lift
it could be something as simple as he put the wrong spring on the wrong side .. Lft springs are 'sided' (that means there a spring for the O/Side and a spring for the N/Side. My Lifted springs had markers on them.

Hope this helps?

Jalapeño, IISY?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkW

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds