BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

1.5" (40mm) King Springs lift?

• Sandez
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2011 01:17 - 18 May 2011 08:32 #16471 by Sandez
1.5" (40mm) King Springs lift? was created by Sandez
I'm looking at doing a 1.5" suspension lift however in Aus there is not too many options for the Jimny. I know there are 2 known and tried brands, OME ($848) and Tough Dog ($940), however I have searched on ebay and have found a 1.5" King Springs suspension lift including castor corrections and polyurethane spring bush kit ($940) for a similar price. Tough Dog with bushes etc would be $1580.

Calculating costs can be seen both ways, you get the polyurethane bush kit and castor corrections bushes free, or you get shocks for free. I know the brand is fairly known for its springs, not sure about its shocks.

My question is, has anyone had experience with King Springs, particularly on their Jimny (or Suzuki), but also on other vehicles and would you recommend them? Are they soft or stiff?

I know the saying, you get what you pay for, but the way I see it is if the shocks are crap and fail I can replace them with OME for $364 and still be ahead. I'm still determining whether its worth it or not and I'm just after your imput.

Regards,
David
Last edit: 18 May 2011 08:32 by Sandez. Reason: Correcting 2" to 1.5"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2011 05:31 - 18 May 2011 05:32 #16474 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: 2" King Springs lift?
I'm not in Asutralia so don't know any of the products but is it worth looking at some of the UK suppliers and seeing if they can ship to down under and how much it costs?
eg Martin does Trailmaster on here for £500 which is approx $780 or Jimnybits do a set of +2 or +3 springs with a choice shocks by Trailmaster, Procomp or Rough country for £336 - approx $525 (both suppliers will be + shipping)
There are also the big names such as ORA, Rhinorays and KAP but they will be dearer :S

Don't forget if you're offroading you will also need extended brake hoses

Have fun :)
Last edit: 18 May 2011 05:32 by darthloachie.

More
18 May 2011 05:37 #16475 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re: 2" King Springs lift?

Jalapeño, IISY?

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2011 05:41 #16477 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: 2" King Springs lift?

maverick wrote: Does Dave at B4V do Jimny lift kits?

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/free-shipping-...ft-kits/blog_99.html

Yep he does but they are £654 - $1020 :blush:

More
18 May 2011 06:39 #16478 by maverick
considering that my 3" spring lift (just the springs) cost me £200 and then all the other things (easily another £200 - all second hand of course) ... thats not a bad price - and you get a guarantee!!

Jalapeño, IISY?

• Sandez
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2011 08:32 #16480 by Sandez
Replied by Sandez on topic Re: 2" King Springs lift?
Darthloachie, thanks for your suggestion but purchasing and then importing to Aus would probs cost as much or come close to buying OME here, and given the ease of buying OME here (5 mins away) I'd pay that little more for that ease. But the King Springs is significantly cheaper, so still weighing up that option.

Also, the lift is only 40mm (same as OME and Tough Dog) which is close to 1.5" not the 2" previously mentioned.

More
18 May 2011 08:36 #16481 by maverick
I suggest you ask Dave yourself, how much the shipping will ACTUALLY be ... I know he recently shipped some B4V and Trail Master parts to Vitara owner (4WD SUZUKI CLUB VICTORIA AUSTRALIA) - and he thought that the 'service' (shipping costs and timings) was best he had come across ...

you can reach Dave here -http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/index.php?_g=co&_a=viewHelpdesk

Jalapeño, IISY?

• Sandez
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2011 08:53 #16484 by Sandez
Replied by Sandez on topic Re: 2" King Springs lift?
Fair enough mate, I'll shoot him an email and find out, can't hurt.

As darthloachie said, if some are only $525 AUD then it would be a worthwhile consideration.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds