BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Faulty Lock Rite ... chitty chitty bang bang!!!

• kenway
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2011 17:07 #16148 by kenway
Have moved this over from the thread 'where do I get a lock rite' as I'm having problems with it...

Having problems with my lock rite - I reversed on the drive and heard a bang. Taking it apart I saw that the 4 location pins had sheared. After ordering new pins and fitting these and testing the lock rite its still not working. Wondered if anyone has had any problems or can make suggestions on how I can solve the problem. It is on an '06 Jimny. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kenway
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2011 17:11 - 10 May 2011 17:45 #16149 by kenway
I stripped my rear diff down again and found the pins had sheared again - see pictures...

Attachment Photo0083_2011-05-10.jpg not found

Attachment Photo0082_2011-05-10.jpg not found

After this I tried to contact through phone and email tech support but had no reply. As you can see from the rest of the pictures it is not worn and I'm stumped as to why this is happening.

This is how the pins and springs were inserted and the only pin which has survived.

Attachment Photo0084_2011-05-10.jpg not found

Attachment Photo0085_2011-05-10.jpg not found

Attachment Photo0081_2011-05-10.jpg not found

Is it just an expensive paperweight?! Any help would be fantastic.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 May 2011 17:45 by kenway.

• Bigchridy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2011 18:17 #16167 by Bigchridy
Just posted on the "wheres best to get a lock right" thread!!!

Did you use the washers provided with the lock right? If so I think this could be your problem. They are too thick and you should only use the 2 thin spring washers from the original differential.

Chris

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds