BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SJ t-box in jimny

More
14 Dec 2009 18:46 #1598 by Baz2236
SJ t-box in jimny was created by Baz2236
Hi people I thinking of buy off road armoury t-box conversion kit. Would a standard sammy t-box be much of a reduction to the Standard jimny gearing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2009 19:48 #1683 by suzukisan
Replied by suzukisan on topic Re:SJ t-box in jimny
Hi Baz

I'm in the middle of moving my ORA t-box from my sammy to my jimny. I did some research and there is definately a useful reduction in gearing although I can't remember how much. I'm mainly doing it so I can still drive it with my monster Insa Special Track 31" tyres that should fit after all the other work has been done as well.
Once finished I'll post a report on what it is like.
Steve

More
23 Dec 2009 19:49 #1684 by suzukisan
Replied by suzukisan on topic Re:SJ t-box in jimny
Hi Baz

I'm in the middle of moving my ORA t-box from my sammy to my jimny. I did some research and there is definately a useful reduction in gearing although I can't remember how much. I'm mainly doing it so I can still drive it with my monster Insa Special Track 31" tyres that should fit after all the other work has been done as well.
Once finished I'll post a report on what it is like.
Steve

More
23 Dec 2009 20:27 #1685 by JIMNY EXTREME 4X4
hmmmmmm depends really on how you drive and what size tires you are running. if your running 30's and love to give it lots of right boot then it should be fine, but if you are more into rockcrawling up creek beds and slow driving or even if your running tires 31's and up, a set of crawler gears would be a good investment otherwise you can say bye bye to your clutches haha just my two bobs as i have experienced this myself i burnt out 2 clutches before i put reduction gears in.

JIMNY EXTREME 4X4
Jimnys should come standard with yota diffs and 35's

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
23 Dec 2009 21:18 #1686 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re:SJ t-box in jimny
Nope, std 410 case should give you 15% ish reduction in high and low, sammy i dont think dives you anything. Get a sammy box and a 410 box, send them both to Redacted on muddyzook forum and get him to make you a crawler rocklobster box, 15% reduction in high, 80% ish in low. This creates a 4.16:1 ratio box, i have a Rob Storr 6:1 box and flat out in 5th low is less than 20 mph lol.

Gary

• ryansjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2010 19:43 #1811 by ryansjimny
Replied by ryansjimny on topic Re:SJ t-box in jimny
I've got access to a 410 transfer box, and am thinking about fitting it into the jimny.
Has anyone on here got any previous expirience of this conversion? flange compatability, will the sammy box speedo convertors fit etc?

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
05 Jan 2010 20:46 #1812 by funkyjimny
In the 'How To' section of this website Martin has written up how to fit an SJ transfer box using an ORA kit, there are kits available from other sources but basically you need a speedo adaptor, some mounts making, and propshafts adapting.

Gary

More
06 Jan 2010 17:26 #1814 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:SJ t-box in jimny
I am hoping soon that someone will bring out a kit with the correct props etc so I just need to bolt it in, rather then messing with flange's and different props.

Any Chance Martin.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
06 Jan 2010 17:32 #1815 by funkyjimny
Rob Storr does a kit like that, mines one of his, you give him your props and a samurai transfer case and he puts in a gearset in 4:1, 5:1, 6:1 or 8:1 ratio and hands it back to you, all i had to do was bolt it up and heat the gearstick and bend it through several strange angles!

Gary.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds