BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Work lights/towing lights

More
02 May 2011 17:37 #15785 by mcjimny
Just a quick question, i'm going to put a work light on the back of my jimny am i right in assuming its best to use a relay still? I just want it on a switch on the dash.

Am i right in thinking i would take a feed from the ignition, a fused live from the battery, earth and then run up to the light(s)?

Or could i simply run a fused live via a beefy enough switch so i could switch it on without the ignition being on?

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VAXXi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2011 07:53 #15804 by VAXXi
Replied by VAXXi on topic Re: Work lights/towing lights
Technically, you *could* run a live wire from battery to dash switch and from dash switch to work light, with grounding somewhere near the light. However, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with a wire carrying a minimum of 5 amps in the dash and then around the car. So I'd go with a fused relay near the battery, and a thick & well insulated wire to the work light in the back.

More
06 May 2011 10:04 #15961 by ooky_123
MNy twin "ploughing" lights are both wired to a 3 position switch on the dash. This gives me "on", "off" or "switched on with reverse"

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds