BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny Ariel

More
12 Oct 2009 07:54 #1355 by ooky_123
Jimny Ariel was created by ooky_123
Like a Plank, I went though some bushes and managed to tear the ariel off... so no more Radio2 for us for a while..

I see from the telescopic bit that was swinging next to the drivers mirror a plastic shieth attached. if replaciung the ariel as simple as undoing the two screws on the top and extracting the unit from above ?

Jason

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2009 08:28 #1356 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny Ariel
It is straight forward. The aerial feeds down inside the A pillar. The cable has a handy joint just under the dashboard on the upper left (by the diagnostic plug) which means you do not have to reach up to the back of the radio to un-plug it.

However, before you undo the screws on top you should unplug the cable behind the dashboard and attach a piece of string to it. Then when you pull the aerial out it draws the string up through the pillar. Then when you get a new aerial you can pull the cable back through with the string, otherwise it is difficult to feed the cable back down the pillar from outside!

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds