× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Remote key on 2016 Jimny.

More
22 Jul 2024 16:48 #256915 by Mert1
Hi, The remote key on my wife's 2016 Jimny has stopped working completely. I have changed the battery and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner. The remote soldiered on for a short while and then gave up the ghost again. I changed the battery again but it has no sign of life in it at all.

Can anyone advise me on the easiest way to have the key replaced or repaired?

Thanks.

Martin Verdeyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2024 17:20 #256917 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Remote key on 2016 Jimny.
The easiest way is to go to a Suzuki dealer and ask them for a replacement key, however, this is also likely to be the most expensive option.

The key has a radio remote, this is fairly straight forward to code another in to the car, but also has an immobiliser chip, which is not so easy. There are notes and a discussion on it in the wiki

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Key...g_transmitter,_alarm

One way round the problem is a new remote, just for opening the doors, then use the old key with the immobiliser chip in the ignition to start the car. Alternatively get a new genuine key and swap the remote part from the new key in to the old key with the chip in it, the wiki shows how this can be done.

I hope that helps.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
22 Jul 2024 20:18 #256920 by Rogerzilla
We tried some cheaper options and in the end just got a proper key from the main dealer for about £180 including all the programming.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds