BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

G13BB light throttle judder/cutout

More
29 Jun 2024 03:31 #256525 by teh77
Hi all! Been having an issue with my g13bb jimny cutting out on very light throttle. It’s not a typical misfire it’s almost as if the key is turned off and then back on for a split second. During this time the check engine light flashes and then all will resume as normal. Sometimes when the throttle is continued to be held at lightly open it will repeat this every few seconds. Haven’t noticed any other symptoms with this. 
Car has had new spark plugs to no avail. 
Thanks in advance for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Jun 2024 15:32 #256535 by Lambert
I it's putting the light on it will be storing codes which you will need to read.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Jun 2024 10:08 #256557 by teh77
Codes are as follows using the paperclip technique:
Any help on understanding this would be appreciated.

More
30 Jun 2024 21:41 #256574 by fordem
13 - heated oxygen sensor circuit - signal voltage low
23 - IAT sensor circuit - signal voltage high
31 - MAP sensor circuit - signal voltage low

Codes that include the word circuit suggest that the problem lies with the wiring to the sensor rather than the sensor itself, so don't throw a new sensor at it as the first step.

More
02 Jul 2024 08:56 #256592 by teh77
After clearing the codes it only returned with the code 31 which indicated a map sensor error. After doing some forum searching I found that the map sensor has its own filter which can become blocked located at the back of the intake manifold. After removing the map sensor pipe and revving the engine to ‘back flush’ the sensor. The problem is solved! My guess is the sensor filter was blocked and not allowing the map sensor to operate properly. Thanks everyone again for the help!

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds