× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fault code P0340 will not clear after replacing Camshaft Sensor

More
18 Apr 2024 19:58 #255652 by Darthblaker7474
I’m having some issues clearing the engine management light off on my 2008 Jimny after replacing my Camshaft Sensor (for a genuine one Part № 3322050M30). After initially replacing the sensor, the light cleared but after a mile or so of driving, the EML came back on.

I checked with my OBD2 reader and the code is still showing, however there's 1/2 stored as opposed to the initial one. When clearing the code with the engine running, the light comes back on immediately.

After clearing the code with the only the ignition on, the engine struggles to start, although it does eventually, with the light still on and code present.

the car is running fine, no stalling or rough idling is noticeable. 

Any help is appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2024 16:25 #255668 by Darthblaker7474
I’ve only gone and fixed it! Turns out the sensor wasn’t bad, but the wiring. I’d had my head gasket replaced a couple of months ago, and the garage was less than skilled at putting her back together.

I first noticed when my AC wasn’t working, went back and they tried fobbing me off with “it didn’t work before” and I had proof that the pipes were in the wrong place. They admitted that “one of the technicians” had snapped a bolt on my condenser, causing it to leak. They fixed it and regased it there and then.

Now, as for the wiring on my sensor, they didn’t secure it in place, meaning it was resting against the silver pipe the background. Coincidentally I lost power during a strong wind, which was probably a result of the wiring shorting on said pipe. That was when the EML light first appeared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds