× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2025 Jimny Sierra 5 door, is it still a Jimny.

More
09 Apr 2024 06:53 #255505 by Bob9863
If this is apparently what the new Jimny Sierra is going to be next year, but I just don't think it's a jimny any more.
Gone is the happy puppy dog appeal, and instead is something far too grown up. It's less like a jimny and more like slightly shrunken Jeep Rubicon.
it's both longer, and wider, big wheels and side steps, so it's going to be much heavier and the only thing they kept from the Gen 4 is the 1.5lt engine.even the rear tyre on the back is gone, the increase in ground clearance is the only good point that I can see.
if they kept the 40lt fuel tank, that could be a real problem.

possibly worse, it's also coming as a pick-up.

I really hope it's a late April fools joke.

I'm curious about other people's views on it are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2024 07:07 #255506 by Bob9863
The links didn't work on my phone so I will add them again.

More
09 Apr 2024 07:13 #255507 by lightning
There's a lot of "Al" reviews online about the "Jimny Sierra" but the regular five door Jimny is definitely available, which looks identical to the three door but with a longer wheelbase and two extra doors.

gazleysuzuki.com/models/jimny/5-door/

More
09 Apr 2024 08:00 #255508 by DrRobin
It looks like a fake to me. A lot of what they bang on about in the 2025 5 door already exists in the 2024 5 door.

The wheels change design in almost every scene, they look bigger than 15 inch, to get ground clearance?, but then it’s got the same engine and it looks heavy, so will be underpowered.

Finally you are right it’s a bling copy of the Jeep, even the door hinges. Suzuki advertise cars in the UK as ‘Good Different’ meaning they are different to other makes, but in a good way, this fails on both counts.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Apr 2024 08:21 #255509 by Lambert
But it's got a 7 slot grille. It's not even a good fake.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2024 09:07 #255510 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic 2025 Jimny Sierra 5 door, is it still a Jimny.
YouTube is full of garbage like this.

More
09 Apr 2024 09:18 #255511 by Bob9863
I know about that one, mines on its way.

But one thing they all have in common about the 2025 model is that it will be longer and wider, so it will be bigger and heavier, and have either the same 1.5lt engine or also a hybrid engine.

The current XL that I ordered is already borderline not a Jimny, but they did it in such a way that it still feels like a Jimny.
Making one any bigger will ruin it in my book, the recipe has always been the same.
As short and thin as practical, while still feeling as spacious as possible.
Make it light as possible.
Give it a revving small engine.
Make it no frills, easy to clean interior.
Ladder frame chassis.
Keep it cheap (they already broke that rule)

That recipe is what makes them so uniquely fun.

More
09 Apr 2024 09:38 #255512 by mlines
Fake

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
09 Apr 2024 10:53 - 09 Apr 2024 11:04 #255514 by Hughes
Clearly an AI hodgepodge of all different 4x4 features from different manufacturers. Looks mostly jeep based with a few random bits thrown on. Obviously a text-to-speech reader but even the script sounds AI written. 

Seems to be the latest craze unfortunately, I saw one the other day of a unimog that clearly wouldn't even make it over a kurb. Will add the picture if i find it. 

Really annoys me actually. As an engineer, I wonder how long it will take people to realise that fooling around on an AI generator does not make you a designer or architect or draftsman, as AI doesn't have the ability to actually "think ahead" and work out how something will actually work or even be manufactured. (At least yet - scary thought) In the example above, the rear doors are too small to be much more than decoration, something you'll find even a concept render by a half decent vehicle designer will get right.  

Edit: found the pic. Theres a few in the series. BTW, whats all this talk of a 2025 model Jimny? I can't find any info through the official channels. They took long enough to change the design of the previous model, surely nothings changing majorly yet? 

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Apr 2024 11:04 by Hughes.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds