BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Outdoor cover

More
09 Mar 2024 07:25 #254951 by Chris S
Outdoor cover was created by Chris S
Hello, new member here. Before posting this I had a search but couldn’t see any results so here goes. Can anyone recommend a cover to fit my gen 4 Jimny. I have been searching online and although tag lines state covers will fit, the dimensions in the descriptions don’t add up.
Any advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2024 07:56 - 09 Mar 2024 08:00 #254952 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Outdoor cover
We had one truly awful outdoor cover which would have fitted a ford transit and not a jimny, from one of the major companies that come up in a Google search. We have one indoor grade stretch cover which was expensive but good.

We have one very cheap generic cover (IE "small car") cover which is supposed to be outdoor but we use it indoor, it's rough but fine

Think carefully about a cover as it will rub the car when it blows in the wind, you get rub marks.

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 09 Mar 2024 08:00 by mlines.

More
09 Mar 2024 08:06 #254953 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Outdoor cover
Hi, I can’t seem to find the website I purchased my indoor cover from for my Gen 4. I just bought and hoped for the best and luckily the cover does seem to be made almost exactly for the Jimny. This looks similar  www.shopforcovers.com/couk/outdoor-car-c...i-jimny-4th-gen.html
You can always send it back if it’s not the right fit. 
Attachments:

More
09 Mar 2024 08:31 #254955 by Chris S
Replied by Chris S on topic Re:Outdoor cover
Many thanks for the reply, I think I’m resigned to having to spend quite a bit on a decent outdoor cover. Your remark about rub marks was very helpful.

More
09 Mar 2024 08:38 #254956 by Chris S
Replied by Chris S on topic Outdoor cover
Many thanks, I have seen this but there is only one review, however it looks good. And as you say I can always send it back.
Cheers

More
09 Mar 2024 09:08 #254957 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Outdoor cover
Have you got space for a small canvas garage? If you have go and look at Machine Mart.

I bought a rather expensive breathable cover for my other car (soft top sports), it’s got a soft interior and fitted really well. I use to put it on over winter, but every year when I took it off the paintwork was dull and required a good polish.

Plus the straps which went underneath weren’t enough to stop it billowing up in the wind.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
09 Mar 2024 09:24 #254959 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Outdoor cover
+1 for the canvas garage.
I had one for my MGB, and nailed it to the drive.
It worked very well, I could tinker with the car in the rain, or polish it :)

Disadvantages:
on a hard surface you cant stake the side flaps down properly, and cats (plus presumably rats etc.) can get inside.

The fabric only lasts a few years (same as an outdoor cover really)- when you are old time flies by so quickly that it is hardly worth getting something that only lasts 10 years out of the box......

They flap a bit in the wind. I sleep through the Police Helicopter hovering overhead, so it never bothered me..

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
09 Mar 2024 14:48 #254972 by Chris S
Thank you, I don’t really have enough space but it’s worth bearing in mind, much appreciated. Cheers

More
09 Mar 2024 15:45 #254974 by Chris S
Hi Doc, thanks, I did a google search and came across an 8’x12’ fabric garden store that will fit the space and my Jimny too, at a pinch at £229. Just deciding whether to take the plunge and go for it. We are going away for a couple of months from April and I want to protect my new pride and joy from the elements and in particular bird droppings.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds