BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 3 Jimny rear seats removed.

More
07 Mar 2024 11:54 #254882 by oldgazzer
I have just purchased a Jimny which has had the back seats removed and the floor has been boarded up. Not really that bothered about having no rear seats but worried that I might need to fit new seats to avoid having Mot and Insurances issues.
The seatbelts have been removed and the spigot that holds the back of the seats firm has been sawn off.
I do have the seats and the seatbelts.
The brackets are missing and so are all the bolts needed to secure the seats to the floor.

My question is has anyone got a Jimny which has had the rear seats removed and if so is it easy to get insurance for it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2024 12:53 #254883 by DrRobin
Can you check the V5c to see if it was re-registered as a van? If it was then it is more of a problem.

If it hasn't been re-registered I shouldn't matter that the rear seats and rear seat belts have been removed for the MOT, if both are not fitted they are not checked. If you remove the seats and leave the belts in place it can be a failure.

I am not sure about insurance, apparently if the seats are designed to be easily removed for carry more luggage it is not a problem, but that is not the case for you.

Some insurance companies will consider it as a modification and want to charge you more, it might be best to ask upfront?

Plenty of people on here have removed the rear seats so I am sure someone will be able to advise.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: oldgazzer

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Mar 2024 16:53 #254890 by Lambert
My work jimny and its predecessor both have the seats in the back removed an neither were a problem to test or insure. Though the insurance is through the farm fleet but still.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Mar 2024 17:34 #254891 by jackonlyjack
My Gen3 has no rear seats, belts 
And changed on v5 to a 2 seater 
No issues ever 
Been like this for 8 years 

More
10 Mar 2024 21:07 #254989 by Darthblaker7474
I took my rear seats out for a time, and I had a false floor & dog guard (much like the gen.4 LCV) and the seatbelts in.

Always passed an MOT and insurance was through Admiral with that, and other Mods declared.

More
11 Mar 2024 13:54 - 11 Mar 2024 17:53 #255003 by greenmachine
yes i took mine out yrs ago and put a plywood board in.  one MOT place insisted i took out the rear seatbelts as the seat were gone , bit anal really i thought.  dont worry about.   if they do get upset about just take the belts out.  my sedona i have as a work day/flying/van is the same no seats
any it was a 7 seater
Last edit: 11 Mar 2024 17:53 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
12 Mar 2024 22:25 #255042 by Busta
It won't cause any issues, just tell your insurance it has 2 seats.

Also there is no need to remove the seat belts as well as the seats for an MOT. The test manual states "A belt fitted with no corresponding seat will not be inspected."

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds