× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Facelift Gen 3, what’s the difference?

More
25 Jan 2024 17:32 #253746 by Man of Kent
I know the obvious differences pre-2012 and post-2012, instrument cluster and bonnet/grille layout, but are the shape of the front wings different?
The reason I ask is that I’ve just ordered a snorkel from Spain for my 2005 Jimny, and researching through here and Google, some sites say certain snorkels fit from 1998-2012 and some 2012-2018 and I’m just wondering why.

I actually found the Spanish company on Google, with VAT and shipping it’s cost me just under 92 euro’s, and it’s the model with the Jimny logo embossed on the side. Bargain!

As a side note, the shipping is within the EU as I live in Belgium, so having it sent to the UK will involve import tax etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2024 18:22 - 25 Jan 2024 18:24 #253752 by jlines
Yes the front wings are different so the traditional style snorkel doesn’t fit the facelift Jimnys although many bodge it to fit. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2024 18:24 by jlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Man of Kent

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jan 2024 18:34 #253753 by Lambert
Yeah they made the whole front end about 50mm taller. Makes the bonnet flatter and gives more frontal area for catching pedestrians and wildlife.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Jan 2024 19:03 #253755 by DrRobin

Yeah they made the whole front end about 50mm taller. Makes the bonnet flatter and gives more frontal area for catching pedestrians and wildlife.
I like it.  Can you use the taller bonnet to round up sheep and save on the sheep dog food bill?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds