BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

The first Jimny I drove was....

• DrRobin
  • DrRobin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
31 Oct 2023 15:58 #251889 by DrRobin
We were on holiday in St Lucia in the Caribbean in 2009 and hired a car for a few days, it was a Jimny.  I never forgot it and was one of the reasons why I wanted one in 2019, especially the way it pulled up the steep hill out of Marigot Bay.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Oct 2023 17:22 #251890 by Lambert
My first jimny experience was laneing in the 90s with a mate who had a brown 410 tintop. It was ace.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Oct 2023 17:32 #251891 by fordem
The first Jimny I drove was also my first 4WD, and my first Suzuki, a canvas top LJ50, some time around 1980/81.

More
31 Oct 2023 17:34 #251892 by Scimike
The one I currently own, never been in one before this.
Always fancied one and when the family flew the nest I jumped at the opportunity.
Hasn't disappointed, it's joined my personal car hall of fame of vehicles I have owned that have a certain "je ne sais quoi". 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RumbleAndSway

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2023 17:38 #251893 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic The first Jimny I drove was....
I needed a car I could fit two young daughters into.  Dismissed the Jimny because of the rear legroom.  Looked at an Audi A1, which isn't even a 2+2 once you adjust the driver's seat.  Went straight back and test drove the Jimny, then bought the demonstrator.  The dealer seemed bemused, as it had been in stock for a while and no-one else had asked to drive it.  Times have changed.

More
31 Oct 2023 18:16 - 31 Oct 2023 18:17 #251894 by jlines
I think the first one I really got to drive was BigJimny when I could drive off-road at 14 but the Suzuki Bug really got me with our previous SJ410 Which I didn’t get to properly drive but I think I did crawl it along in first gear at some stage. Then I got my 05 Jimny for my first car at 17 which I kept for a few years before needing something more comfortable for the longer drives I was doing at the time. Then I didn’t really have anything to do with Jimnys till the Gen 4 came along which immediately struck me as being more like the SJ . This new love for the Jimny then made me want an SJ as that was the car for me that started it all. So as of now I’ve got 4 Jimnys in my ownership and I do hope for more to build a collection. 
Last edit: 31 Oct 2023 18:17 by jlines.

More
01 Nov 2023 06:15 #251895 by yakuza
1. 1995 or 96. Test driving a Blue / White '89 Samurai that a hairdresser was selling. Still regret not byuing that one.. Had too large tires that was rubbing like crazy up front. Later in '97 I bought an yellow '85 SJ413 and the rest is history

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
01 Nov 2023 08:36 #251897 by Busta
My first experience was driving various SJs on farms and sheep stations in West Australia. Then I saw a few Jimnys along the Gibb River road. I stuck my head under one and saw it was built like an SJ but with coil springs rather than the bumpy leaf springs and I wanted one!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrRobin

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
01 Nov 2023 17:03 - 01 Nov 2023 17:04 #251902 by funkyjimny
I had a 1993 Samurai 413 back in 1999 i think, then bought a brand new Jimny convertible in October 2004 for £7500 as the dealer couldnt shift it.... went straight to mates garage where a lift kit and wheels/tyres had been sat for a few days waiting. That Jimny got seriously modified over the years, i did sell it and regret it  - had a couple of other jimnys - and then bought back the original, happy days ! with a total of 34,000 miles the jimny was loking tired as it was all off road.. rust starting to settle in so i sold it a few years back and its no longer on the road. 
New Jimny arrived this august, love it.    
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Nov 2023 17:04 by funkyjimny.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds