BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Installing AUX cable in JB74 - so easy, so worth $10

More
23 Jul 2022 05:48 - 23 Jul 2022 05:51 #244195 by GreyJimny
Hi guys, 

I finally got my Jimny Lite and today I had a go at installing a $10 AUX audio cable to the CD Player radio head unit. Only takes about 5min and the result is I can still use Bluetooth audio, USB audio, but now I can plug anything into the Jimny including my laptop, audiophile quality music player etc. Sound is great (considering the head unit and upgraded speakers) and its so much more convenience than using the head unit to navigate music folders. Also means you can play any media format (inc FLAC) that your music player supports. 

1/. Pry cover off under the head unit
2/. Unscrew hear unit (x2 screws)
3/. Pry head unit out (release x2 clips)
4/. Plug in AUX cable and secure with some tape to prevent tension damaging plug.
5/. feed it down into or behind and under glovebox. A nice touch would be to drill a hole for a female 3.5mm audio socket into the cigarette lighter area, but I just got a cable with a male end to plug straight into the music player. 
6/. Put head unit and cover back on and enjoy some music 

PS. If anyone in Aus is interested in buying a new 'SanDisk Sansa Clip 4GB+' (microSD expandable to 20GB) as pictured, let me know as I purchased a box of new old stock on clearance. Going cheap. These have awesome sound quality for low cost. Play FLAC etc. 

Im now waiting for the panel beater to finish spraying the 'Angry Bad Face' grill that arrived from Japan the same day I picked up my car. Will match the number plate (and my surname which is Bird).
Last edit: 23 Jul 2022 05:51 by GreyJimny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds