× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Dimensions of front speaker upgrade foam?

More
10 Mar 2022 05:03 #242212 by GreyJimny
Hi guys, 

I have purchased the Jimny front speaker upgrade kit but purchased the speakers separately. So I'm missing the foam that goes between the back of speaker <> mounting bracket, and the front of speaker <> door trim.  These are called "Cushion (Grey)" and "Cushion (Black)" respectively in the Suzuki instructions. 

Can someone tell me approx dimensions of the foams, especially the front of speaker <> door trim?

Regards 

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2022 08:59 #242218 by mlines
The foams come in the upgrade kit, not with the speakers? They are top right in the picture below.

Did you buy the kit from Suzuki (or me). If so there has been a issue for the last three months and the kit was temporarily withdrawn due to parts missing within the kits. If you bought from Suzuki, I would complain to them. If you bought from me (or another supplier) then you need to go back to them and complain that it was an incomplete kit.

File Attachment:

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
11 Mar 2022 00:20 #242238 by GreyJimny
According to the Suzuki instruction sheet included (attached), there are three types of foam - one comes with the 'brackets kit'  (top of photo) and two come with 'speakers kit' (bottom of photo).

I purchased both front and back kits from an Australian Suzuki dealer via ebay for only AUD$60 each set, so I cant complain about a little bit of foam. I can easily obtain the missing bits (connectors) cheaply.  I was able to get the TS-1320 speakers for $45 a pair. 

Can I ask what the dimensions are of the foam that goes on the front of the speakers is, or is that out of line given you sell the kits? 

Attachments:

More
11 Mar 2022 01:55 #242239 by GreyJimny
Quick and dirty photogrammetry indicates its 20mm deep.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hughes

More
11 Mar 2022 11:41 #242252 by mlines
Yes its about 20mm

The UK kit has all the foam bits in the mounting kit, no foam with the speakers.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyJimny

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds