BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Gen4 Snorkel

More
17 Mar 2021 12:47 #233804 by Soeley
New Gen4 Snorkel was created by Soeley
This looks promising, especially if it is similar to the Brazilian one, much better price as well.
BRAVO

Anyone with experiance of this brand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2021 13:14 - 17 Mar 2021 13:22 #233805 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
I don't know if it's me alone, but I see a picture of the Jimny and not of the snorkel - comments below are based on the pictures shown for other vehicles.

Based on the shape of the snorkel head, it's a mass produced chinese knockoff - generally speaking, they work, but you can expect to have to faff around to connect it to the air box, and you can expect the "stainless steel" fittings to corrode fairly rapidly.

I've installed two "similar" snorkels - one on a SV620 (V6 Vitara) - that one was a "mirror image" of the snorkel for an SE416 Vitara, supplied with no fittings to connect it to the airbox, the other was for an SQ series Grand Vitara, that was supplied with an accordion hose that I ended up "siliconing" into the air box fitting - I check that one every service to make sure it hasn't shifted

I can't comment on the longevity of the units, the ones I've installed have been fitted less than two years.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2021 13:22 by fordem. Reason: Clarity

More
17 Mar 2021 16:10 #233812 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
Obviously they have not produced pictures yet and therefore the information in the product specifications could be a cut and paste from another product. However the specs speak about a Head size which would imply it is not a Brazilan style one.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
17 Mar 2021 16:36 #233817 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
I was more wondering if it would be a long one along the front wing or short and just go through the wing near the side repeater?

Time will tell.

More
18 Mar 2021 17:10 #233841 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2020-JIMN...l_1600118348321.html

Based on their other products, this is what I think you can expect.

More
03 Oct 2021 01:42 - 03 Oct 2021 01:48 #239098 by PabloAzH
Replied by PabloAzH on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
Hi everyone, sorry to bring this topic back into discussion but I believe the manufacturer has added some information that wasn't available at the time... Yes, we still don't have a picture of the real product installed, but here  we can see they have a CAD model of it (second picture from top to bottom). Going to to the Company/Manufacturing section of their webpage ( here ) and after a quick glance at some of their videos, it doesn't look to me like they're importing a product from China and rebranding it for the European market. I know it doesn't mean their product will be great (I have never heard about their products before), but it seems Bravo is a small Spanish manufacturer that is doing some real R&D on snorkels.

Or it could be I'm just biased towards their design... The intake port sits as tall as it can be and IMO it's one of the best looking snorkels in the market.

Former owner of JB43 (4sport BR trim) for 6 years/200,000+ km
Currently own auto JB74 since Aug-21 (50,000 km)
- OME kit (coils, shocks, panhard bracket and caster correction)
- front PPF to avoid paint chips
- rear custom deck
- Audison/Hertz sound system
Last edit: 03 Oct 2021 01:48 by PabloAzH.

More
03 Oct 2021 18:51 #239111 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
Thanks for the links, I have been following sale webpage and the availability date keep moving out. If it does come out at the price stated I think they will soon sell out.

More
04 Oct 2021 11:39 - 04 Oct 2021 11:47 #239130 by PabloAzH
I wrote them asking about the Jimny snorkel, they replied with the following:

"Our kit SSJN has an expected date for availability in December, but we could say that launch date can be delayed to January due to the affectations of the current global situation. We can't confirm now if the product will be ready to buy in January, we hope :-)

We are going to do a sample testing in our facilities within this week, please follow us on our instagram to be updated about the news regarding this model, and others. We will upload some photos or a video of the sample installation."

- rear custom deck
Last edit: 04 Oct 2021 11:47 by PabloAzH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
06 Oct 2021 12:35 #239180 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
Be interesting to see how it actually performs. I'd also like to know how it is affixed to the A pillar.

More
06 Oct 2021 13:52 #239183 by PabloAzH
Me too. They mention that no drilling will be necessary, but maybe they haven't considered the need to attach the snorkel body to the A-pillar.

- rear custom deck

More
06 Oct 2021 13:56 #239184 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic New Gen4 Snorkel
Glue pads come to mind but they would need to be strong and that means difficult to remove.

Roger

More
06 Oct 2022 12:27 - 06 Oct 2022 12:29 #245317 by PabloAzH
 Hello folks,

Back to the snorkel discussion, which one would you choose if getting any of them was not a problem? The Brazilian snorkel or the Bravo snorkel?
Aesthetically I am not sure which one looks better - I would like to get some opinions on it.

In terms of practicality, the Bravo snorkel seems better - no drilling required, it just replaces a small body panel. Easier to undo if necessary.
Performance wise, if that would mean something for the Jimny, the Bravo snorkel also seems better to me because it looks like it has less edges and turns along the inlet duct, which perhaps causes less turbulence in the air flow (?).

- rear custom deck
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2022 12:29 by PabloAzH.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds