BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
13 Oct 2021 08:48 #239360 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Jimny commercial
The Vitara and the Jimny are both great cars, I have had a 2015 SZ5 AWD diesel Vitara, 4 1300cc Jimnys and a 2020 GEN4 SZ5. for Fun factor the Jimnys always put a smile on my face especially the GEN4 and off road they are superb. The GEN4 would always get admiring glances and I would get asked questions about it constantly. For practicality, comfort and performance on the road the Vitara beats the Jimny hands down every time.
If you pick by using your heart it will be the Jimny, if you use your head it will be the Vitara,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2021 09:23 #239361 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
£26000 is overpriced for a £21000 car that is still available

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
13 Oct 2021 10:17 #239362 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
you're right Martin, thanks for bringing my head back into the game.

they will I'm sure sell it for £26000 but not to me, shame they aren't available to order to stop them ripping us off £5000

Vitara it is ................ 

More
13 Oct 2021 12:09 - 13 Oct 2021 12:13 #239365 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
lf you are buying on PCP the Jimny may still be a better buy, due to much higher residuals.

You also need to look at future values, l predict Jimny values will remain high into the foreseeable future, so you could buy a Vitara for £20,000 and after five years it's worth £10,000

Where a new Jimny at £26,000 will likely still be worth £15-20,000
Possibly even more, as it's become something of a cult car and will remain highly desirable.

We paid a high £24,000 for our Jimny SZ5 last year, l also didn't like having to pay over the odds....we nearly bought a VW T-Roc for similar money.

By now we'd have lost at least £5,000 on the VW where the Jimny is actually worth more than we paid for it.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2021 12:13 by lightning.

More
13 Oct 2021 13:00 #239367 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Thanks Lightning, you've made some good points, the garage has recently sold a couple of SZ5s for £33,000.

Guess Rocking horse poo is getting more expensive.

Will spend a morning with the wife test driving them both.

More
13 Oct 2021 14:33 #239375 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
I was recently in he position of trading in my SZ5 for a brand new Subaru XV for a nominal fee. i was really tempted but once it's gone it's gone and i can't get another.
The Vitara makes more sense in almost every circumstance, however you will always get your money back on the Jimny and it's so much fun to drive. It's head versus heart with this one, for me heart won and we still have Jimbo.

More
13 Oct 2021 15:56 #239377 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
£33,000 for a standard Jimny SZ5 is just insane.

PCP or not, that's mad money. People must have money to burn. l can only presume that the monthly payments were lower for the reasons l suggested above.

More
13 Oct 2021 16:08 #239378 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial

£33,000 for a standard Jimny SZ5 is just insane.

PCP or not, that's mad money. People must have money to burn. l can only presume that the monthly payments were lower for the reasons l suggested above.

The value at the end of the PCP would be based on the expected book value in 3 years time, or whatever the PCP term is.  I would guess that the projected book value will not take into account of any recent price premiums and mostly based on original suggest retail price + any extras the dealer slapped on it to push the price up.

If in 3 years time the PCP ballon payment is say £15k, but they go for over £20k on the forecourt then it might be worth paying the final payment, get the car and then may be sell it on.

Problem is no one knows what price premium might be there in 3 years time.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
13 Oct 2021 16:44 #239380 by Halford

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Oct 2021 18:58 #239383 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny commercial
Dude just buy a Jimny... you know you want one. It's only money and if you can't use it to make yourself happy then what is the point?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halford, lightning

More
13 Oct 2021 19:21 - 13 Oct 2021 19:23 #239384 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny commercial
l looked on one of the adverts for a 2020 Jimny at £28,995
Deposit is £1,000
Although most people put down more than that.
The PCP payments are quoted as £500 per month x 48 with a MGFV of £10,000 (!!)

The dealer is taking no chances with that one then.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2021 19:23 by lightning.

More
16 Oct 2021 09:23 #239451 by Roger Fairclough
My local dealer has a 68 plate Gen.4 for £27,999 and a 66 plate Gen.3 for £16,299.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds