BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial

More
27 May 2021 17:10 - 27 May 2021 17:12 #235446 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial

The picture taken was not in Austria. The traffic lights would look different and the weather looks too nice.

Other pictures in the same series, Austrian registration plates. Ok so it may have ventured over a border, but its not South Africa

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 27 May 2021 17:12 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2021 17:31 - 27 May 2021 17:39 #235447 by lookonimages

mlines wrote:

The picture taken was not in Austria. The traffic lights would look different and the weather looks too nice.

Other pictures in the same series, Austrian registration plates. Ok so it may have ventured over a border, but its not South Africa

Yes definately it did not venture so much south that it was taken in South Africa :)

we right hand drive , driving left side of the road and we also go clockwise around circle

And that goes for much southern part of Africa.

Garbage in the background on one pic however looks like africa :)
Last edit: 27 May 2021 17:39 by lookonimages.

More
28 May 2021 07:11 #235449 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
The license plate is definitely Austrian, Graz, where all the Gs are built by Magna. Maybe this is a prototype developed by Magna?

From the sticker on the spare wheel I think I can read “condueixo” which Google tells me is Catalan and this might fit to the landscape in the background.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

More
28 May 2021 11:14 - 28 May 2021 11:15 #235451 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
The Jimny design translates well into a LWB version, in fact as a Commercial it may even look better then the SWB Commercial version.

It would make a great little truck, especially if Suzuki fitted the 1.0 turbo petrol engine in it.
Last edit: 28 May 2021 11:15 by lightning.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 May 2021 11:24 #235452 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Do we know if they are upping the tow limit on the commercial?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 May 2021 11:56 #235454 by Roger Fairclough
If the LW version is available then I would expect an increase in towing capacity.

Roger

More
29 May 2021 16:33 - 29 May 2021 16:34 #235468 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
And hopefully a hybrid power plant. That would make a lot of sense as an LGV.
Last edit: 29 May 2021 16:34 by lightning.

More
30 May 2021 09:40 #235479 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:Re:Re:Jimny commercial
There seems to be a lot of speculation with the engine that will be put in the LWB Jimny, one report suggests 

"According to rumours the Jimny LWB can be offered with a more powerful 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine that is doing duty on the Swift Sport. This will be done because the Jimny LWB is a larger and heavier vehicle. The 1.4-litre turbo petrol produces 127 hp of max power and 235 Nm of peak torque. "

More
30 May 2021 11:56 #235482 by Roger Fairclough
The battery pack on a Tesla weighs in at 500kg. Obviously a battery pack on a hybrid design for the Jimny would weigh a lot less, but it would still be substantial and would reduce the weight carrying capability of a commercial variant.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
More
30 May 2021 12:05 #235483 by Lambert
I'm not convinced that the utility of the extra space in a long wheel base is going to offset the increase in weight and the decrease in maneuverability that go hand in hand with a bigger platform. I have noticed that this last week as I have been using Leviathan as my daily, whilst small and agile for what she is Leviathan struggles with maneuverability that I simply didn't register when doing the same task in Dreadnaught, an extra meter on the turning circle is the difference between being able to reverse a trailer into a gateway and having to uncouple and heave about manually. I would be worried that a long Jimny could be just a little too numb?

More
30 May 2021 12:36 #235484 by Roger Fairclough
Is there a difference in turning circles as supplied by Suzuki between Dreadnaught and Leviathan or did you modify Dreadnaught to give you a better turning circle?

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
More
30 May 2021 13:47 #235486 by Lambert
Leviathan is a swb 155 cruiser commercial sp about 800mm longer over all and 400mm longer wheel base also wider and heavier but potentially not too dissimilar in wheel base against the proposed lwb Jimny.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds