BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny price in Norway

More
08 Dec 2020 14:19 - 08 Dec 2020 14:20 #230760 by yakuza
Just wanted to tell you about the car prices here:
www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=201047631

That is the price in NOK wich should correspond to about 46000 GBP.
the car is used, 12500km and imported from Germany.

The price and fees for emissions is why there is no new Jimnys in Norway. This company has imported 6-7 used cars from abroad and sold most.

To compare you could get a new Tesla Model 3 for approx the same price.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2020 14:20 by yakuza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2020 15:26 #230763 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New Jimny price in Norway
Wow, looks like there is a good business opportunity there?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Dec 2020 17:18 #230765 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny price in Norway
HOW MUCH?! You could choke a dozen donkeys on that!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
08 Dec 2020 17:39 #230768 by Roger Fairclough
It used to be that a Norwegian would earn approx. twice that of a Brit. for the same job. Also If you elected to have the back seats removed, the seat belt mountings drilled out and a green number plate then the vehicle was commercial and the cost halved.

Roger

More
09 Dec 2020 19:06 #230801 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic New Jimny price in Norway
Green plates system for commercial vehicles still work but the size of the space inside and height is strict so not many cars can pass.

Yes we earn good vages but very little raise the last years and cost of living to go with it.

Old jimnys have had no depreciation last years actually. Old registered jimnys in full working order can fetch 3000 to 6000 pounds and up. A faulty one rarely below 1000.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
09 Dec 2020 19:21 #230802 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic New Jimny price in Norway
There's supposed to be a Jimny commercial coming out early next year, exactly the same but with no rear seats or seat belts and l think blacked out windows.

Being a commercial vehicle would that be any cheaper in Norway?

lf so you could maybe wait for that one.

More
09 Dec 2020 22:17 #230808 by yakuza
Too small to be commercial here, and still emissions.

50% of new cars are electric here.
Petrol cars will not be imported after 2025.
Or sooner.
Norway is a different land.

Oh and the price of electricity went up by 15% today when the new german cable was connected. We had cheap hydroelectric power but now when hooked up to europe and UK, scompeting markets push the price up.
So the price of fuel for the electric cars went up.

More
10 Dec 2020 09:25 #230816 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic New Jimny price in Norway
I expect the price of electricity will continue to rise as the various governments lose revenue from fuel taxes.

More
10 Dec 2020 09:37 #230817 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic New Jimny price in Norway
The greater use of electricity for electric vehicles and [possibly] heating homes will not only push the price up we [in the UK] will be heading for shortages. Best get a petrol generator on standby, unless you get solar and a Tesla Powerwall.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
10 Dec 2020 10:08 - 10 Dec 2020 10:12 #230818 by yakuza
Not to worry, we got a cable from Norway over to UK as well :)

Edit: and gas pipes :)

You get both kinds of hydro, both hydrocarbons and hydroelectric.

Last edit: 10 Dec 2020 10:12 by yakuza.

More
11 Dec 2020 00:06 - 11 Dec 2020 00:12 #230830 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic New Jimny price in Norway
Norwiegen pricing does seem a touch on the high side to us ;)
In the 80's I was serving in a unit that came over to Norway for 3 months a year on Artic training , firstly in Voss doing ski and survival training , then up to Bardufoss for the final 6 weeks . We received LOA ( local overseas allowance) to bring our wages up to from the pound to the "kronk", but because we lived in tents and trucks we didn't use it so it worked out for us. However we did spend loads to keep the economy flowing, £ 10 a pint in hotel Jahl bar in Voss... A crate of green top was a mad sum but returning the bottles got you 90% back.

Fast forward to last year when a mate , my missus and I went back to Voss because we wanted to visit Norway in the green rather than the White!:P It didn't disappoint, beautiful, clean . The waterfalls around Granvik and Ulvick , the awesome tunnels ...with roundabouts in them !
In Bergen at a diner , 3x burgers with chips and milkshakes came to £75 :woohoo: This as pretty much standard pricing ! However beer was still £10 a pint !!!!!!!! So that must mean your prices have stablised :lol: The barman earned £15 an hour which means the pint was cheap ..to a Norge. :whistle: :whistle:
The taxis at Bergen airport were all Tesla SUV s .
Loads of Jimnys around the area espiecally the road works areas around the land slips .
Last edit: 11 Dec 2020 00:12 by Fossie.

More
11 Dec 2020 10:55 #230837 by yakuza
sure is beautyful along the coast and mountains. learning to appreciate it more now when i am older. grew up in a narrow fjord never thought so much about it but it sure is a tourist magnet now.

when I was younger 30 years ago you could get a pint for 3-4£ so i guess they raised the prices when they heard you thirsty lot were coming :) but now it could be more like 15£ for a nice brew in some places.

Petrol was like 5£ now 15-20£

My house cost me 130000-ish when I bought it, now 20 years later around 400000.
I see the prices on the UK TV shows like grand designs is more or less same as here. how can you afford a home with indoor plumbing on an ordinary wage? If my house was in Oslo it would be four times the price, or half if it was out in a field somewhere rural.
My daughter just bought a two room flat 300000£ Not sure she knows how lucky she and her boyfriend is to have their own home when at 20.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds