BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

How to fit a secondary inline fuel filter?

• rbw156
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2020 08:52 #230450 by rbw156
I think that I've some crud in my fuel tank in my 14 year old Jimny as I keep needing to clean the fuel injectors. I'd rather not remove the fuel tank so I'm thinking about fitting an inline fuel filter in the section of flexible fuel pipe just below the engine block. Has anyone done this? Which fuel filter would work fit? I'm thinking that a metal canister type would be more robust. Would the connectors shear off a plastic type with the movement? Any suggestions welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2020 09:16 #230452 by Scimike
You don't want a cheap plastic type filter, these tend to be low pressure designed for carburettor systems. Make sure it's a high pressure filter and secure well to the pipes. It's better if you can avoid installing in a flexing pipe as it just adds stress to the component, find an area that does not move much.
Have to think you would be better dropping the tank and cleaning it, at the same time replacing the Suzuki fuel filter, I am assuming it has one.
Good luck though.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• rbw156
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2020 10:40 #230548 by rbw156
Replied by rbw156 on topic How to fit a secondary inline fuel filter?
Great, thanks for your advice. I'll reconsider dropping the tank. It does sound like a lot of work though.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds