BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 radio software update

More
13 Mar 2024 00:57 - 13 Mar 2024 00:58 #255046 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Gen 4 radio software update
You can load speed cameras as POIs into the main memory. I did it on mine when I had a subscription to PocketGPSworld.  I can't remember how I did it now, but it alarms with a pop-up when approaching a camera and displays some text info, and there are little camera icons on the map.
It was probably just a CSV file loaded via the usb port, I think the manual gives the format.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 13 Mar 2024 00:58 by facade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2024 09:08 - 13 Mar 2024 09:23 #255052 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Gen 4 radio software update

This is the one I bought

I cannot find the radio at the moment (I took it out as I could not get the touch screen to be reliable)

The units are basically all the same in the E02/E22 area (Ignis/Swift/Jimny). I did the 1880 update  (I think there is an 1890 update now)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Mar 2024 09:23 by mlines.

More
14 Mar 2024 13:22 #255075 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Gen 4 radio software update
New SD card arrived today from eBay (only ordered it yesterday) and worked right out of the box.

Now I want to get my 32GB card working so I can get my MP3 on it as well, I am going to check the CID on the 32GB card to check it has been written correctly.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
15 Mar 2024 08:49 #255089 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Gen 4 radio software update
Is the CID different on the new map card?
Does the LCN/SLDA look for a CID before it runs, or does the CID have to match one in the map?

thinking about it if the CID just had to match the map the downloads would have a patcher to put the CID of the card you want to use into the map.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
15 Mar 2024 13:36 #255091 by DrRobin
I have two map cards, they have a completely different CID, I expected portions to be the same.

I understand the SLDA only accepts certain CIDs, but I am not 100% sure on that.

I understand that the CID has to match the map files, although I have read that you can take an old SD card and update the map files on it, but that might not be available everywhere.

My 32GB card has the correct CID, so my problem is something else. I might try formatting the card and then copy the files on again.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
26 Mar 2024 12:05 #255246 by DrRobin
The supplier of the 32GB card sent me a replacement with the correct CID, I put the 2023 maps on to here and it worked straight out of the box. It turns out that the SLDA head unit is quite fussy about which cards it will accept, even those with the correct CID and formatting.

I am just copying my music on to the card.

I also downloaded a Speed Camera database, I get the alerts as you drive up to the camera, but don't see them on the map if you scroll around (not driving). Mind I don't see any of the POIs I installed, but they are all there as they can be selected as a destination.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds