× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Does the car stereo support CD-Text?

• jimny2020user
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2020 03:44 #220796 by jimny2020user
Does the car stereo support CD-Text? was created by jimny2020user
Hi,

I wonder, has anybody ever succeeded to make the Clarion car stereo display CD track names?
Personally, I own Jimny which was manufactured in 2015, and the car stereo (Clarion) looks like this:

I'm really keen to see track titles when playing a CD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Apr 2020 04:26 #220800 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. I think the only way of doing that is to replace the standard one with something aftermarket, those clarion ones are really really basic.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimny2020user

• jimny2020user
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2020 04:34 #220801 by jimny2020user
Replied by jimny2020user on topic Does the car stereo support CD-Text?
Thank you so much, Sir. I suspected that this car stereo was somewhat basic, too.

More
08 Apr 2020 14:23 #220812 by facade
In The Olden days, when I used to play cds, I never found one that actually had cd text on it. I used to have to copy the cd, and add the text somehow to make it work on my Sony- I don't remember how though.
As I recall, the CD player was emblazoned with a CD text logo.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimny2020user

• jimny2020user
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2020 16:41 #220818 by jimny2020user
Replied by jimny2020user on topic Does the car stereo support CD-Text?
Well, I should have described this clearly in the OP, - I actually have an audio CD-R with CD-Text, and Clarion does not seem to recognise it. The disc was burned using Brasero (Linux), and I'm able to get CD-Text recognised successfully in another program. So, either I have my Clarion misconfigured, or the old thing is just unaware of the feature.

More
08 Apr 2020 18:44 #220822 by facade
Yes the Clarion probably hasn't got it if there is no CD-text logo on the front.

I have an idea that only Sony players had it, and Sony Music CDs were supposed to have it on.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds