BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Factory Service Manual (99501-81A20)

• moocow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Dec 2019 23:01 #216745 by moocow
Factory Service Manual (99501-81A20) was created by moocow
Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'll be needing to take apart the transfer case on my 2009 VVT Jimny, but can't find the FSM anywhere. Managed to get hold of the first half of the manual (99501-81A20-01E), but it doesn't cover any of the transmission.

Does anyone have a copy of what I assume would be called 99501-81A20-02E that they would be kind enough to share with me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Dec 2019 05:04 #216748 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. Have you looked on manuals lib. com?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Dec 2019 05:32 - 24 Dec 2019 05:35 #216751 by zukebob
Welcome. If you are looking for a later manual than the one you listed, it is only available as an online subscription. You won't find it available to download.

Check this wiki thread. The FSM info is available about halfway down the article.

Jimny Manuals Wiki

Edit: As a side note, if the manual you have is the proper year and doesn't list any information for what you are searching, it means it has been covered in an earlier manual.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 24 Dec 2019 05:35 by zukebob.

• moocow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2019 09:52 #216757 by moocow
Replied by moocow on topic Factory Service Manual (99501-81A20)
Thanks for the replies guys.

Sadly manualslib hasn't got it.

zukebob wrote: Edit: As a side note, if the manual you have is the proper year and doesn't list any information for what you are searching, it means it has been covered in an earlier manual.

I've been able to get the first half of the manual as denoted by 99501-81A20-01E, but not the second half.

Hopefully I'll be ok - it looks like the t case hasn't changed between models, was just put off by how the manual I have (A10) mentions a transfer shift knob in the cabin, which I don't have. Maybe this is just included because it was an option on the car? I'm changing the chain and pinions it runs on. All I need to do by the looks of thinks is take the gadgies off the front of it, open the case and change over the chain.

More
24 Dec 2019 10:28 #216759 by mlines
You have the electric transfer box.

The Wiki is a bit over complex as it covers "Types" and "VIN Numbers" so can take a bit of mental arithmetic to sort out.

As Zukebob says you have to work backwards to find out the earliest manual that your desired part appears in.

Being a VVT with electric it appears in 2005 as part of the manual 99501-81A10-01E

This is the best manual to google for you.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: moocow

More
25 Dec 2019 19:53 - 25 Dec 2019 20:00 #216784 by HUN
I cannot give you a download link for the requested file, personally I've never seen 02 version, but if you accidentally DELETE some random letters from below you might discover something useful. Who knows? :whistle:
DELETEhttps://drive.goDELETEogle.com/file/d/1g8cBYCR7eswWMFAq5Pew973DJozENzvK/view?usp=drivesdk

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Last edit: 25 Dec 2019 20:00 by HUN.

• moocow
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2020 13:48 #216883 by moocow
Replied by moocow on topic Factory Service Manual (99501-81A20)
So sorry for being "that guy" who doesn't reply to his own thread!

Thanks for the help all - at a second glance, the manual "A10" does indeed make mention of a "4WD switch". I was a little put off because the unit overhaul instructions talk about uncoupling the transfer knob, but it must just be a manual for both systems.

Chain ordered from the shop, sprockets on their way from Japan, should be good to go. Thanks again all.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds