× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

anyone fitted ignis sport engine to jimny

More
21 Nov 2019 11:49 #215820 by ozzyboy
looks like an interesting engine 1.5 107 bhp
would be good if its an easy fit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
21 Nov 2019 18:32 - 21 Nov 2019 18:33 #215835 by Riccy
I havent, but have heard of the ignis engine being used. Basically you can swap in any of the m series engines as long as you match VVT to VVT (or not, depending on what you have).

I think the ignis motor is a VVT, so you would need to have a VVT jimny to start with (2005 onwards). If your not VVT, then look for old liana's with the 1.6. someone on FB bought a whole car with 32k on for £200 recently ;-)

The holy grail is an M18, but you would need to import that from Aus or Russia, or be very lucky (like me!)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_M_engine

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT
Pickup/tipper, R7me gbox & 4.3 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB Locker diffs, 4" lift, Recaro's, Caged, etc

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 21 Nov 2019 18:33 by Riccy.

More
22 Nov 2019 06:16 - 22 Nov 2019 06:17 #215852 by yakuza
Has been done yes. No difference in the job needed to fit it.
However it is often more expensive due to supply and demand i guess. Lianas are just old geezer cars that gets scrapped for small dents so parts are cheaper.
At least like this here in Norway :)

An Ignis Swift or Vitara engine cost around 100£ at the scrappers but a Liana engine we can get at around 5-600£ (in Norway)

2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2019 06:17 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds