BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Number plate lights

• Zook123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Nov 2015 17:22 #155278 by Zook123
Number plate lights was created by Zook123
Just noticed I have no number plate lights or reverse lights, is there a fuse for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 21:47 #155290 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic Number plate lights
I don, t think it'd be the same fuse, I'm sure the tail lights are on the same wiring as the number plate lights are they still on? More likely to be loose/ corroded/fused bulbs and the wiring connector to the gearbox for the reverse lights.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

More
04 Nov 2015 05:28 #155311 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Number plate lights
As above, sounds like two separate problems!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Zook123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2015 08:33 #155320 by Zook123
Replied by Zook123 on topic Number plate lights
Newbie mistake, turns out both of the number plate lights had gone!

Replaced the bulbs and it's now lighting, but can't get the reverse lights to work, i've tried replacing the left with a new bulb, but it still doesn't work.

Do the Jimny's have two reverse lights? I only ask, as all of my previous cars have only one reverse light?

Cheers!

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2015 07:12 #155385 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:Number plate lights
The jimny does use both reverse lights but if you lose one the other should still work.

• Zook123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2015 07:32 #155387 by Zook123
Sounds like it could be the reverse switch then! Before I look at doing the switch is there a fuse for it?

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2015 11:51 #155400 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Number plate lights
Not according to the diagram in the handbook. It mentions tail. stop, fog & dome as the lights which have fuses only.

More
06 Nov 2015 09:39 #155532 by 2013gary
Replied by 2013gary on topic Number plate lights
Please let me know how you get on with this as I haven't had reverse lights on mine ever since I got the clutch changed almost a year ago! I'm guessing a switch was left unplugged somewhere.

I completely forgot about them at MOT time but my Jimny still passed. The tester told me that they aren't tested.

Gary

• Zook123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2015 10:45 #155539 by Zook123
Will do, going to take a look tomorrow to see if it's something simple like the cable becoming unplugged!

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2015 12:13 #155543 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Re:RE: Number plate lights

Zook123 wrote: Will do, going to take a look tomorrow to see if it's something simple like the cable becoming unplugged!

I'll have a look at the wiring manual when I get home if that'll help?

More
06 Nov 2015 13:55 - 06 Nov 2015 13:56 #155552 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:RE: Number plate lights
It will most likely be the switch. Take the plug off the switch and connect the wires to see if the light comes on. The ignition has to be on obviously and you might have to get a bit of wire and put two blade connectors on to join the wires together via it.

That will tell you that it is the switch if by connecting the wires the lights work as that is the only part you have taken out of the system.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 06 Nov 2015 13:56 by kirkynut.

• OllieNZ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Nov 2015 14:22 #155649 by OllieNZ
Replied by OllieNZ on topic Number plate lights

Zook123 wrote: Sounds like it could be the reverse switch then! Before I look at doing the switch is there a fuse for it?

According to the wiring diagram it should have a 10A one, depending on vin either: No 20 'TURN BACK' or No 42 'BACK' and other than that its just the switch. both bulb are earthed independently

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds