BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Show us ya flex!

• jimnykey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2014 08:28 #118956 by jimnykey
Replied by jimnykey on topic Show us ya flex!
yes thats right its going back soon to be finished off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jun 2014 08:35 #118957 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic Show us ya flex!
There want alot of jimny there when I saw it just the chassis I think although I still had to go hide in a corner for a wank lol

More
30 Jun 2014 15:36 #119056 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Show us ya flex!
Not like you to hide Steffan! !!! :)

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 19:31 #119071 by Swifty
Replied by Swifty on topic Show us ya flex!

jimnykey wrote:

just waiting to bolt the body back down now and do some serious cutting away lol

That looks awesome, think you were talking about putting the 2.5 in a Jimny when I picked up a lobster box off you last year!!!

• Dan_T
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 19:34 #119072 by Dan_T
Replied by Dan_T on topic Show us ya flex!
Hi.

Sorry if its been asked previous, how easy/hard was it to out the 2.5v6 in jimny? What gearbox was used?

Thanks in advance

Dan

• jimnykey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 20:07 #119073 by jimnykey
yes i remember you getting that off me its took that ling to get it this far. dare i ask how the box is lol.the engine has been put on different engine mounts but it does fit in the engine bay nicely but i carnt use the viscouse fan going to have the radiator in the front with elecric fan . i have used the gear box that was out of the grand vitara but the transferbox is too high a ratio for wat i want

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 20:11 #119074 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Show us ya flex!

jimnykey wrote: yes i remember you getting that off me its took that ling to get it this far. dare i ask how the box is lol.the engine has been put on different engine mounts but it does fit in the engine bay nicely but i carnt use the viscouse fan going to have the radiator in the front with elecric fan . i have used the gear box that was out of the grand vitara but the transferbox is too high a ratio for wat i want

Have you considered putting the radiator in the back with electric fans ?

• jimnykey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 20:22 #119077 by jimnykey
i have thought about it but i want to use it on the road and they dont cool aswell as being in the front but for offroad i agree it would be a lot better and i am keeping it full bodied so with the fuel tank and a spare tyre in back theres not much room

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 20:59 #119079 by Swifty
Replied by Swifty on topic Show us ya flex!

jimnykey wrote: yes i remember you getting that off me its took that ling to get it this far. dare i ask how the box is lol.the engine has been put on different engine mounts but it does fit in the engine bay nicely but i carnt use the viscouse fan going to have the radiator in the front with elecric fan . i have used the gear box that was out of the grand vitara but the transferbox is too high a ratio for wat i want

The box is spot on, survived the lakes and Derbyshire before that (don't get out as much as I'd like), I've got a bit of a bug for modifying it but not done loads, :-) would love to see yours in the flesh sometime.

• Bigjim91
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 21:55 #119089 by Bigjim91
Replied by Bigjim91 on topic Show us ya flex!
Is that thing gunna be at the bigjim event!?

• jimnykey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2014 07:17 #119104 by jimnykey
sadly not i havent anything to tow it with and its a good 5 hour drive for me. we should have another bigjimny meet a bit more up north

• Bigjim91
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2014 07:59 #119105 by Bigjim91
Replied by Bigjim91 on topic Show us ya flex!
Shame

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds