BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

bumpers

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Dec 2013 19:57 #96222 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic bumpers

kirkynut wrote:

TomDK wrote:

kirkynut wrote:

steffan wrote: I quite like rhinorays rear bumper looks almost standard although I haven't heard a lot of good reviews on the bloke to be honest but how wrong can you go with a bumper?

I don't know what the issue a couple of people have made about Ray is all about to be honest. I've met him at his workshop and bought things from him and had several phone conversations with him and find him to be a genuinely nice guy who knows what he's doing.

Make your own decisions on people as you find them I think.

Kirkynut

I don't know the guy. But some of the things shown on his website are just to crude/agricultural for my liking. Some of the stuff he makes look way to heavy.

Sometimes basic and agricultural is what is needed - his trials vehicles etc are never going to see a road and are made for that purpose only, so stuff pretty - bring on winning I think is the theory.

Ray's rear bumper gives you somewhere for your rear number plate which others don't - this has made work for me on my ORA rear bumper that's for sure but I got around it as you can see on my thread in My Jimny.

You just have to pick and choose what you want an from whom. Some companies do stuff I don't like but stuff I do.

I mean, look at Rays rear shock extenders: www.rhinorays.co.uk/suspension.htm a much better design than the others around in my opinion.

Kirkynut

Agreed. Those extenders looks like a much more clever design than most extenders.

It's mainly his radius arms and rollcages I think looks just a bit to agricultural, in lack of better term :) Using rebar for radius arms is not my idea of good design and choice of material.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds