BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Up yours sunroof!

• piprice
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2013 16:10 - 05 Dec 2013 16:14 #94654 by piprice
Up yours sunroof! was created by piprice
Thanks j999pre!

Up yours roof, needed a but of tlc but I'm happy and no longer bits falling off lol but I think anything is better than the one on mine currently!

Could not split frame from canvas! Tighter than a ducks arse!
Used a cordless drill and a dremel type bit as a corded drill would have been to much, lost a few layers of rust, give it all a wipe with paintbrush then used screw driver to get any flakes away behind the canvas! Wish I could split it to do a 100% job but it's to tight!

Wait for the hammerite type paint to dry and will give it a touch of the orange as seen on my axles and radius arms :D
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 16:14 by piprice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2013 17:17 #94662 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Up yours sunroof!
I painted my front frame recently, it was in pretty good nick but the top surface which faces the canvas was by far the worst for rust. Could you not get the poppers undone? They can be a bit tight if they haven't been undone for a while. I slipped a thin spanner in the gap to exert even pressure and levered the poppers open that way.

• piprice
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2013 17:42 #94665 by piprice
Replied by piprice on topic Up yours sunroof!
The poppers are off just the sides, I think because the roof is so tight or whatever due to conditions I can't just slip it off, it's like pockets on either side holding it in

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2013 19:20 #94689 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Up yours sunroof!
You got to love that 'hammerite' ................. :laugh:

More
05 Dec 2013 21:31 #94706 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Up yours sunroof!

Tadpole wrote: You got to love that 'hammerite' ................. :laugh:

Ah, I hear music to my laptop.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds