BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

vvt & non vvt engine parts interchangable

• Ang
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 21:44 #94461 by Ang
Hi everyone.....new on here ,,,,just aquired a little 2005 vvt jimny......Previous owner didn't check the oil for TWO YEAR......so you can guess what happened....Anyway....i can get hold of an M13a engine,,,,,,but it is a NON VVT...Does anyone know if the heads/timing cover/chain etc off the old ( M13a VVT ) engine will fit the replacement engine ( M13a NON VVT ) ?....Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.Ang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2013 22:06 #94464 by j999pre
I have a vvt engine if you need one?

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Ang
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 22:14 #94466 by Ang
Hi,thanks for getting back to me......There are a few on ebay & one for sale about 40 mile away..(reasonably cheap),,,the non vvt i can get has only 16,000 miles on it..(was used every sunday by farmers wife....full suzuki service history.).Great engine ...May be less agro to just buy a vvt....i don't mind messing about with engines (i work on transits)......Just a query.....How Much £££ & where's it at ?.Thanks.Alan

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 23:54 #94479 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic vvt & non vvt engine parts interchangable
It's probably cheaper and easier to buy the correct engine rather than buying the wrong engine and trying to build one engine from two. :)

More
04 Dec 2013 03:58 - 04 Dec 2013 21:54 #94486 by kirkynut
I'd just buy the right engine from the outset. The cam bearings and the cam will be worn and need replacing so you may aswell just do a swap like for like.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 04 Dec 2013 21:54 by kirkynut.

More
04 Dec 2013 08:02 #94494 by j999pre

Ang wrote: Hi,thanks for getting back to me......There are a few on ebay & one for sale about 40 mile away..(reasonably cheap),,,the non vvt i can get has only 16,000 miles on it..(was used every sunday by farmers wife....full suzuki service history.).Great engine ...May be less agro to just buy a vvt....i don't mind messing about with engines (i work on transits)......Just a query.....How Much £££ & where's it at ?.Thanks.Alan

Hi Alan

Todmorden west Yorkshire.

£150 bare engine

Cheers

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Ang
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 21:53 #94612 by Ang
Took it apart today....full of carbonised oil......but bearing surfaces in head are good....seems like big-ends have gone.....Will prob just buy another VVT engine to make it easy....Anyone got a workshop manual for the M13a engine ?.Thanks all

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds