BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Another day in Jimny Heaven.

• jimothy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 17:11 #94426 by jimothy
Another day in Jimny Heaven. was created by jimothy
Someone mentioned removing the rear bumper of my Jimny and check for hidden rust. This is what I have found. Rubed it down treated it with Jenolite and Hammerite smooth. Now I only have to remove the front bumper . If anyone can point me in the right direction of the removal procedure. As I have said before this is bad for a 2007 car but its done a bit of work . and it seems to me that Jimnys do suffer from the ROT. and it is always around those spot welded seams. Suzuki just have not got the rot under control yet. if this was treated from new it would not be in such a state.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 17:27 #94427 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic Another day in Jimny Heaven.
happy to have helped create you more work.. :( - nice repair though but i think you caught it just in time!

I removed my front bumper in a bomb hole first time out...

TBH they rust behind the lights, there is little behind the bumper to rust.. just remove the headlights

yeah it is suprising how easy they rot.. makes you wonder how they manage in the more prominent markets in humid Asia!..

More
03 Dec 2013 17:54 #94432 by idiotmobil
Your lucky I toke mine of the other day and I got holes to fix

JIMNYLESS

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 18:05 #94436 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Another day in Jimny Heaven.
Holy crap on a 07 plate must be a lot of salt on the roads where you live

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 19:43 #94446 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Another day in Jimny Heaven.

Dave cc wrote: Holy crap on a 07 plate must be a lot of salt on the roads where you live

What Dave said ............ :woohoo: looks like you got it sorted for now ..... ;)

• jimothy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 20:23 #94452 by jimothy
Replied by jimothy on topic Another day in Jimny Heaven.
I think where this car came from there was plenty of salt . but its salt air. But you don't buy much of a car for £2000 and not expect to do some work. She will come round . It just takes time. The wife wants it on the road by Saturday as she is going to take me out in it Saturday Night.. God Help Me.. Really deep inside I am hoping she will not like it. As this will give me an Excuse to mod it up a bit and keep it for ME

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds