BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

what are they like

• mudman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2013 19:53 #94317 by mudman
what are they like was created by mudman
right im looking at geting some new tyres in the new year but iv stated looking now :lol: what are the Maxxis Trepador M8060 like on/off road

im looking at at keeping the same size as im running 205/80/16 i would stick with what i have but recip seem to have disappeared :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2013 20:03 #94318 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic what are they like
i think mine are great, after the advice given to me by here, not bad on road in wet, can drift if you want too or really pushing it in the wet in the bends, but genrally good handling

off road i find them great do everything i ask of them

i mean there not as aggressive as special tracks but i get everywhere others do when they are running them, but arent loud on the road, not a remould so should get better wear rates, i got mine 30" x 4 for £300 brand new so i felt like i've got a bit of a bargin, no complaints as of yet

• mudman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2013 23:21 #94367 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic what are they like
Sounds good I was looking at special tracks but I've been talking to afew people who run them and thay said don't but only as its my daily driver so now I'm looking for something similar to what I'm running hence looking at trepadors

• hunter1084
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 07:13 #94372 by hunter1084
Replied by hunter1084 on topic what are they like
Im looking at trepadors aswell they look like they would be decent of road judging by the pattern, would be good to know what they clear like.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 12:43 - 03 Dec 2013 12:47 #94405 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic what are they like
The trepadors are a great looking tyre, don't have any experience of them though.

mudman wrote: im looking at at keeping the same size as im running 205/80/16 i would stick with what i have but recip seem to have disappeared :lol:

4x4 AT at Leeming Bar have stock of Recip Trials at the moment

www.4x4tyres.info/recip-4x4-tyres/trial-mt/
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 12:47 by Reloaded. Reason: fanny batter

• Dave n lincs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 17:29 #94428 by Dave n lincs
Replied by Dave n lincs on topic what are they like
I also run trepadors on mine. 30 9.5 15 and i agree with ne-crock. Iv had a bit of side word action today but I was trying and iv got a lock right in aswell. Iv done about 2000miles on mine and there still nice and quite on the road. Dave

• Dorfl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 12:07 #94516 by Dorfl
Replied by Dorfl on topic what are they like
I ran a set of 205R16 Treaps on my Pajero Pinin and they were fantastic. loved them off road and on road was really good given the aggression :whistle: The only issue I had was they didn't last too long when doing mainly on road miles (about 15k miles).

Pic for reference

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds