BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Off Road tyres in essex

• rexthecat
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2013 12:03 #82851 by rexthecat
Off Road tyres in essex was created by rexthecat
Hi all, I might go and buy my first Jimny on Sat, I was thinking to put some AT or MT tyres on it, can anyone reconmend anywhere in Essex that stock / fit? I'm just being overenthusiastic, I know I could get them on the internet but being pushed for time if it were poss I'd like to get the wheels on and go off roading with it next weekend.

Also I was thinking kingpin remoulds or similar, I've seen some MT that say they have decent road capability, Im going to use it mostly on road, should I be sensible and put AT tyres on, and if so any reconmendations for ATs that are good off road?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2013 12:07 #82852 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Off Road tyres in essex
ive got kumho kl71 mud tyres on mine in 195 80 15 and there pretty good on road, abit noisier than ATs but not by much and their very good offroad.

check my threads for pictures.

i got them off blackcircles and the delivery was fast.

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2013 13:05 #82857 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Off Road tyres in essex
Have a look at camskill.com. Fairly decent choice, well priced, quick delivery, I was very pleased with them. Then just get a quote from your local tyre fitters, should be around the £30-40 mark to fit and balance 4 tyres.

All the tyre fitters I've asked about off road tyres have to order in and put an extorianate mark up.

I will recommend Maldon Supertyres, they have helped me out with motorbike tyres in the past, might be worth giving them a call. It was a while ago I used them though.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2013 13:12 #82858 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Off Road tyres in essex
i would order online, some places do next day delivery and most tyre fitting places will fit them for a fee.

yours on the road yet wiltec17?

• wilnob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2013 18:13 #82893 by wilnob
Replied by wilnob on topic Off Road tyres in essex
check out my post on tyres on page 2 by wilnob , mint give you some info , it worked well for me for tyres and check the new tyres on mine at the end B)

More
11 Sep 2013 20:59 - 12 Sep 2013 13:19 #82913 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Off Road tyres in essex
Give my mate KK Mobile - a mobile tyre fitter - a call on 07813018333 and tell him Rob Kirk sent you - depending on where you are in Essex he can supply and fit them for you or just supply if you want, or just fit them if you get them.online.

He is in the Wickford area, so if you're on the other side of Essex he may not be your man - your profile doesn't tell me.

I used Tyres Direct but phoned them to make sure they have them in stock so I knew they would come quickly.

Cheers

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 12 Sep 2013 13:19 by kirkynut.

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2013 21:29 #82922 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Off Road tyres in essex

jonesyba420 wrote: i would order online, some places do next day delivery and most tyre fitting places will fit them for a fee.

yours on the road yet wiltec17?

Not yet mate. Early November is the plan :)

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds