BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

buying a jimny

• ianraheny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 17:52 #82650 by ianraheny
buying a jimny was created by ianraheny
Hi,

Im THINKING about selling my 2005 honda civic to get a jimny im just wondering what is the best year of jimny i should be looking at.. I hope im maken the right move as ive only owned the civic for about 3 months !!!! but you guys have these jimnys looking mean :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 18:20 #82653 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic buying a jimny
Oil burner 1.7 civic??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
09 Sep 2013 18:50 #82655 by Halford

• ianraheny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 19:17 #82658 by ianraheny
Replied by ianraheny on topic buying a jimny
nope 1.6 petrol..its to reliable cant get my hands dirty with it..lookin at these jimnys and they just look like fun B)

More
09 Sep 2013 20:33 #82661 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic buying a jimny
One nice thing about Jimny's is in the 15 years since they came out, they've barely changed at all. So any year is good. It just depends on your budget really!

• ianraheny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 20:58 #82669 by ianraheny
Replied by ianraheny on topic buying a jimny
brillant thanks for the reply !!!

• Tommo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 21:13 #82675 by Tommo
Replied by Tommo on topic buying a jimny
basicly any thing after 2005, they get posher lol
they have nicer interior (leather seats, 2h,4h, 4L on an electric button instead of a lever)- air con I think but not sure
, and the 2013's have a face lift
but Ive had a 2001, Ive got a 2003
I know people with 1999, 2000, 2004

as some one said ^^^ they really have not changed one bit lol
so yeah, depends on your budget
I know one thing though, I LOVE MINE :woohoo:

• Northern-Wanderer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 22:38 #82685 by Northern-Wanderer
Replied by Northern-Wanderer on topic buying a jimny

Busta wrote: One nice thing about Jimny's is in the 15 years since they came out, they've barely changed at all. So any year is good. It just depends on your budget really!

Except engines,gearboxes,ABS,brake disc sizes,CV Joints,Rear prop joint,Exhausts.Some of which are hard to get or dealer parts only and expensive.

More
10 Sep 2013 03:51 #82697 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic buying a jimny
just checking that you realised the above is a link ?

and to be sure you realise that in 30 years the Jimny has to be the worst car I've driven on the road :blink:

there is something about them that makes you smile though, just a shame they aren't more comfortable, economical, faster, better handling, roomier, better quality ......... :huh: what the hell do we like about them :pinch:

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2013 04:10 #82698 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic buying a jimny

Halford wrote: just checking that you realised the above is a link ?

and to be sure you realise that in 30 years the Jimny has to be the worst car I've driven on the road :blink:

there is something about them that makes you smile though, just a shame they aren't more comfortable, economical, faster, better handling, roomier, better quality ......... :huh: what the hell do we like about them :pinch:

I'm thinking that a Jimny is a bit like sex... it may not be the best but AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT, it may not be the most satisfying but AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT, it might not be top quality, but AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT.

:evil:

More
10 Sep 2013 07:50 #82703 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic buying a jimny

Northern-Wanderer wrote:

Busta wrote: One nice thing about Jimny's is in the 15 years since they came out, they've barely changed at all. So any year is good. It just depends on your budget really!

Except engines,gearboxes,ABS,brake disc sizes,CV Joints,Rear prop joint,Exhausts.Some of which are hard to get or dealer parts only and expensive.

You make my point wonderfully. Most other cars have more engine choices and component variations on the original options list that the Jimny has had in 15 years. And after 6 or 7 years, the manufacturer then brings out a completely new model with nothing in common with the old one...

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2013 07:50 - 10 Sep 2013 08:12 #82704 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic buying a jimny

ZookFastback wrote:

Halford wrote: just checking that you realised the above is a link ?

I'm thinking that a Jimny is a bit like sex... it may not be the best but AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT, it may not be the most satisfying but AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT, it might not be top quality, but AT LEAST YOU'RE GETTING IT.

:evil:

What!!!!!! ................................................ you're STILL getting it????? :P
Last edit: 10 Sep 2013 08:12 by darthloachie.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds