BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimnys for hunting, fishing, shooting & working.

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 17:11 #82050 by nicho
seeing as there are a few on hear now that use ther jimnys for hunting fishing shooting & working now as they are a cheaper 4x4 but still capeble thought id put this up for ideas, insperation or to show them that need a cheeper 4x4 for the above how good jimnys are. so any pic or links or advice stick em up hear ta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 18:25 #82055 by nicho

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 20:29 #82065 by Wiltec17
My parents old jimny was purchased as we needed a runaround that was cheap and reliable for mum to use during the week, and a capable 4x4 for dad to use on the shoot.

It was used as a workhorse for lugging feeders and bales ect, however the load space was limited as to can imagine. On the other hand, It did manage to fit a family of four and luggage on a 2 week holidays guernsey.

My father often recalls the time he drove over a mile around some headlands to reach a hide, on the way home he took the short route, across a ploughed field, with 3 adults, 2 dogs, all the days shooting gear, and around 100 pigeons. That was in a bog standard jimny.

It was used as a lamping vehicle on numerous occasions, it was not ideal though, as lack of sunroof and cramped interior ment I was quite restricting when trying to shoot.

More
04 Sep 2013 08:14 #82110 by Busta
Mine is used for farm and forestry work. It's small size, manoeuvrability and light weight make it ideal working around trees on soft ground.

File Attachment:

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Sep 2013 10:33 - 07 Sep 2013 10:41 #82427 by nicho
wonder how much that trailer weighs in above pics its from suzuki brazil web site.the red one not busta,i like that set up though busta
Last edit: 07 Sep 2013 10:41 by nicho.

More
07 Sep 2013 11:09 #82428 by Busta
I wondered the same thing! It's a strange size and design of trailer to be towing behind a Jimny. I reckon they just used it because the colours matched.

• kx100
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2013 08:24 #82480 by kx100
i use mine for shooting and fishing ect and for getting around the estate ferreting ect good wee motor.. :)

• JimnyDan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2013 21:45 #82577 by JimnyDan
mine the other morning feeding some of the ducks on the shoot

Attachments:

• JuanGuillie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Sep 2013 13:49 #82640 by JuanGuillie
Replied by JuanGuillie on topic jimnys for hunting, fishing, shooting & working.
You will maybe not believe this is true !
I did get some sand, 3 times a trailer, only 3 km's away from my home and i took a backway.
I know it is not smart but otherwise i was obliged to wait until wednesday before they could delivered it !
I'm not that patience guy, so took my mates trailer and did get it myself. :whistle:

Attachments:

More
12 Sep 2013 13:01 #82964 by Busta
Nice work! Is that a ton of sand? If so you would be overloaded as I'm guessing the trailer is perhaps 700kg, but my experience with the Jimny is it is quite happy with heavy loads if you are sensible.

I've been towing this cattle trailer around today. It weighs a ton empty, and I had about 350kg of beer in it so about the towing limit. The Jimny coped fine, although having 2wd Lo was very useful for pulling away without slipping the clutch!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I've also been dragging some fallen trees out of a pond, which is great fun! Before I got the Jimny I was using a quad for this sort of work but the Jimny is so much better. As well as having lots more grunt than any quad, it's more comfortable, better on fuel, has space to carry chainsaws and axes, I can have the radio on while I work and I can use it for longer distances on the road.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• JuanGuillie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2013 13:36 - 13 Sep 2013 10:22 #82966 by JuanGuillie
Replied by JuanGuillie on topic jimnys for hunting, fishing, shooting & working.
Each time i did got it on the balance it was around 1350 kg's without the trailerweight !!!
So i was towing around 2100 kg's in total..... like i said it wasn't that smart. :S
That's also why i didn't drove it onto the mainroad (even it was only 3 km's away from my home). :blush:
But at least it was a good test for the Centreforce dual clutch and it did hold and still running excellent after that day of abuse !!! :)

You have also a serious trailer behind your Jimny !!!
Luckely it's not for a "daily drive around job" then i think you need at least a big Nissan or Landrover.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2013 10:22 by JuanGuillie.

More
12 Sep 2013 16:20 #82974 by Busta
Yeah 2100kg is a lot for a Jimny! There's no doubt that towing isn't a Jimny's forte.

We normally tow the cattle trailer behind a Landrover or Range Rover. When full of cattle it can weigh over 4 tons, which the Landy does struggle with a little. I've yet to find a load the Range Rover can't comfortably pull though!

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds