BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

3 months into Jimny ownership

• JimnySweep
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2013 21:52 - 15 Aug 2013 22:13 #79980 by JimnySweep
3 months into Jimny ownership was created by JimnySweep
We've had our 2003 O2 for just 3 months and have learned a lot about Jimny's :dry:

1. Death wobble - Yep, got some of that. 43-48 mph sometimes and sometimes not. Pretty sure small amounts of wheel imbalance kicks it off but only when wheels on both sides of the car have the imbalance in the same (or, maybe opposite) place, hence its sometimes and sometimes not :whistle:

2. Exhaust knocks against the chassis at times - following a poke around underneath there are 2 out of the 3 exhaust hanger brackets missing so it swinging about a bit. Going to need a new centre and rear section.

3. Brakes sticking on a bit - seems like its the fronts. You can feel it as you roll to a stop and it seems to stop you rolling back on slight inclines at junctions etc. Lots of brake dust on the front wheels too.

4. Crumbly rust under the insides of the sills - hoping its not going to be an MOT problem :ohmy:

Other than that about 2500 road miles and another 750 on an a-frame its running really well and in spite of the above its quite an endearing car B)

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Aug 2013 22:13 by JimnySweep.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• barnes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2013 07:02 #80001 by barnes
Replied by barnes on topic 3 months into Jimny ownership
Even though all jimnys have their flaws theres something very addictive about them lol

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2013 07:49 #80002 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic 3 months into Jimny ownership
With that sort of mileage no mater it be a Jimny I'd be concerned & a visit to the dealer booked pronto ....... :(

• JimnySweep
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2013 15:14 #82752 by JimnySweep
Replied by JimnySweep on topic 3 months into Jimny ownership
MOT day today....

Brake calipers with seized slides and pistons replaced.

New center and rear exhaust sections.

Oil and filter changed.

Otherwise in very good nick.

Passed :)

Not a cheap day but always a good feeling to get the year's ticket B)

More
10 Sep 2013 17:01 #82766 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic 3 months into Jimny ownership
It's interesting to hear other peoples experiences.

I've had my 52 plate nearly 3 months now and have covered just shy of 5,000 miles with no hiccups at all. 1 service, 1 MOT and one day I even gave it a wash and vac! Luck of the draw I guess.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds