BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

North East Newbie

• Vacneb
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 09:26 #70601 by Vacneb
North East Newbie was created by Vacneb
Hi,

Just a quick hello from a newbie - My names Ben, and I live just outside of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Spent all last weekend looking for Jimny (Travelled from Newcastle - Greenock - Dundee - Ashington - Whitley Bay- Sunderland - Northallerton) so quite a busy weekend and viewed 6. I had spent a few weeks reading the pages of this forum so felt like I had a clue what to look for .. thanks for the help!!

Didnt quite cater for the number of poor condition Jimnys around, but patience played well in the end, put a deposit down on a 54 plate JLX, with sub 30k miles and no rust in the jack well, seatbelt mounts or behind the headlamps :)

Heading back to pick it up tomorrow when I get insurance and the likes sorted - Today is dragging :angry:

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rajsuzuki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 12:36 #70608 by rajsuzuki
Replied by rajsuzuki on topic North East Newbie
Hi vacneb , glad you got sorted and congratulations in your new purchase you won't regret it there fantastic like toys .

Hopefully all the northeast boys meet up and enjoy a days play in them .

• barnes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 13:15 #70609 by barnes
Replied by barnes on topic North East Newbie
Welcome along. Good to have you join the forum, whats the plans when you get the jim mate?

• supergaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 16:19 #70619 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic North East Newbie
Welcome to bigjimny, keep those credit cards close! ;-)

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 16:41 #70622 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic North East Newbie
Hi and welcome to this fine forum plenty of advice and help on here.im from sunderland we meet up quite oftern have some great days out on the lanes.if thats what your into !

• Maddscottish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 16:56 #70625 by Maddscottish
Replied by Maddscottish on topic North East Newbie
Looks !! like am not the only one who took the dive into jimny world the last few weeks hahaha.

Only had a small budget but think av bought a good one not perfect but will do me nicely haha.

loving it!!!

• Vacneb
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 17:00 #70626 by Vacneb
Replied by Vacneb on topic North East Newbie
Cracking a fair few local chaps on here too :)

I haven't given much thought about plans for the Jim just yet - was occupied finding the right one :lol:

Quite fancy getting out on a few greenlanes, but the truck is bog standard at the moment so may not be ready to tackle the tougher stuff - That being said, the old man has a Defender ( :blush: ) so may cadge a lend of that if needs be!!

Ben

• barnes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 17:44 #70629 by barnes
Replied by barnes on topic North East Newbie
Ha youll soon start spending on the mods :P no stay out of the defender jimnys are much more fun!

• Vacneb
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 17:55 #70630 by Vacneb
Replied by Vacneb on topic North East Newbie
I have no doubts about a few mods being on there way!

I really wanted a defender - up until I used it for a week commuting - it may be great on a farm, but hells bells they are sodding awful things to drive at any other time!

I think my main mods are going to be white modulars (not a fan of the alloys, they are genuine Suzuki, and only 18 month old - just not too keen!) and possible a bit of a lift !?!?

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 20:20 #70643 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic North East Newbie
Welcome this fine forum Ben it’s good to have you join us ................ ;)

More
13 May 2013 20:33 #70644 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic North East Newbie
welcome Ben from sunny South Shields
;)

• page
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2013 20:40 #70646 by page
Replied by page on topic North East Newbie
Hi mate welcome where about's you from I am Ashington I am busy building a tray back but when it is finished we could meet up

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds